Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Video game ideas, and old games that should be remade  (Read 11981 times)

Ond

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2024, 05:08:11 pm
Re: Video game ideas, and old games that should be remade
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2021, 10:19:32 pm »
I'd like a 2 player simultaneous Galaga, cocktail style, where player 1 is at the bottom of the screen and player 2 is at the top. Mobs come in from the sides or "up from the background". Tug of war scoring leader after X number of stages gets power ups like tractor beaming a bug to fight along side you, or a second ship, etc etc

This is a cool idea, someone please make this. Thank you.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:26:21 pm
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2021, 10:29:57 pm »
I'd like a 2 player simultaneous Galaga, cocktail style, where player 1 is at the bottom of the screen and player 2 is at the top. Mobs come in from the sides or "up from the background". Tug of war scoring leader after X number of stages gets power ups like tractor beaming a bug to fight along side you, or a second ship, etc etc

This is a cool idea, someone please make this. Thank you.

Yes, and make it so that when one player's ship gets stolen by the bugs, the other player can try to get it.
Check out my completed projects!

10yard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:10:39 pm
  • L BREAK into program
    • DKAFE Frontend
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2021, 11:04:53 am »
Can you make me a version of the Donkey Kong rom that makes the following changes:

Title screen says "Konkey Dong"
It says "Entendo" instead of "Nintendo"
"How high can you get" is replaced with "It's on like konkey dong"
And the level order is changed so that the first set is reversed and starts on the cement factory level
It would also be fun to have what used to be the first screen flipped so you were running right to left

I had someone make changes 1-3 for me years ago, but I wish I had implemented 4.  5 would be a nice mind screw.

:cheers:

Hey,  I made that rom hack for "KonkeyDong".

Features are mostly as requested.

Flipping the barrels stage was challenging for me.  I achieved results by flipping/mirroring the video ram during the barrel stage gameplay.  This mirrored everything including text which looked bad when inverted.  To resolve,  I had to create new characters and sprites in the rom as mirror images of the originals.  Anyway,  I'm very pleased with the end result.

I also tweaked the pies stage slightly by swapping the middle girder with the bottom girder.   The bottom girder now has holes.

The board sequence was changed to: pies, barrels, elevators, barrels, rivets.  That sequence applies to all levels.

Here's a video showing "KonkeyDong" being launched from my frontend.  You will see the attract mode screen and then I play through all of the 1st level boards.

I have included the rom hack and plugin for "KonkeyDong" in my latest release of DKAFE which you can get from here - https://github.com/10yard/dkafe/releases

« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 01:06:03 pm by 10yard »
Check out my Donkey Kong Arcade Frontend at https://github.com/10yard/dkafe#readme

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:58:32 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2021, 03:38:19 pm »
Bro, you made my day.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

10yard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:10:39 pm
  • L BREAK into program
    • DKAFE Frontend
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2021, 04:54:48 pm »
Bro, you made my day.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Hey,  thanks for the ideas.  It was fun to make it.
Check out my Donkey Kong Arcade Frontend at https://github.com/10yard/dkafe#readme

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 01:00:11 pm
  • I believe I may need an intervention
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2021, 04:52:58 am »
This is so freakin cool.

Skills of people here still amaze me all the time.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2021, 10:18:22 am »
Nice!