Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need For Speed Underground (NFSU) dual cab  (Read 4722 times)

NFSUcarroll

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 04:32:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Need For Speed Underground (NFSU) dual cab
« on: October 12, 2021, 02:27:48 am »
Just wondering if anyone can assist a mate has purchased a dual cabinet NFSU and wants to connect and run tournament play even if it is only locally with his machines but able to remember everyone by card or whatever is required.

I am a little tech savvy but not software overly capable.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated with NFSU

:cheers:  SUCCESS!!!   :cheers:

I have the game installed and running on a Dell GX260 with SOUND!!!

The real test now is to pop it into a cabinet and see if it really plays.  Sadly the cabinet is a days drive away, so it will be a week or so before I get to that location.

Still, this is awesome!  The video card is an FX5600 so no breakthrough there.  Basically after the system recovery disk installation, I went into windows and installed the two drivers listed in posts above.  The sound driver asked for locations for drmk.sys and wdmaud.sys, which are in c:\windows\system32\drivers and c:\windows\system32  respectively.  I had to do this step 2 times until it booted into the GVR logo w/o prompting or errors.  Inserted the game disk 1 then 2 when prompted, and voila I hear the sound of the ball going into the hole.  It's all good!

Thanks for inspiring me to work on this.  Now to find another computer to try this with.  Two more cabinets need fixing...

I've got my need for speed underground up and running!! I ran the recovery disk
 I did exactly what Paul did for the audio drivers
And installed the Ethernet controller driver
Then I installed the game after.  I'm running an ASUS P4P800-VM Socket478 Intel 865G
One more game to fix now! I'm so glad I came across this thread.
Thanks for your knowledge guys!
-Brian

Oh and Shawn thanks for your suggestions as well, NFSU also runs on xp embedded