Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Xgaming XArcade dual Tankstick serial cable  (Read 5822 times)

y0ush4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2024, 07:41:58 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Xgaming XArcade dual Tankstick serial cable
« on: October 11, 2021, 12:09:53 pm »
Hi friends I need a little help with XArcade dual tankstick serial cable my problem is I have lost the cable ..recently I have purchased PS5 to revive my old tankstick My friends told me I can play PS4 games if I have the external adapters so I made a purchase of ps2 adapter this one

https://shop.xgaming.com/products/x-arcade-playstation-2-adapter

And we also need Brook adapters to work so purchase it also

https://shop.xgaming.com/collections/adapters/products/x-arcade-ps4-arcade-joystick-adapter

But after receiving these 2 thing from USA to india after a long process (customs)and delay(shipping) I came to know I need a Serial Cable also which is Male to Male (Rs232) which I lost somewhere

The one in attachment

and As I am in india it’s real tuff to send this one cable from USA to India again

Now my actual question is if I can buy one of these 2 following cables which are available in india only

if you can guide me if I can buy from here (india) only I will be really thankful

here 2 type of cable available  as follows

DTECH DB9 9 Pin Serial Cable 5m Male to Male RS232 Straight Through (15ft) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07LD3QL6X/

1 = This is a straight thru cable, DO NOT perform crossover (Null Modem) function.

and the 2nd one is this

Wired as a serial port cable that 2-3 line are crosslinked (only TX/RX data and signal ground wires connected); standard shielded adapter with AL foil

DTECH 9 Pin Male to Male Cable 10ft DB9 to DB9 RS232 Serial Cable Null Modem Cord Cross TX/RX line for Data Communication (3m,Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B085DRLQM7/

If one of the above cables can be used instead of original one ?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 12:57:39 pm by PL1 »

y0ush4

• Offline Offline
Re: Xgaming XArcade dual Tankstick serial cable
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 02:25:16 am »
Please help me out …no one have any idea ??

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 09:03:55 am »
buy both and test out.

if it doesnt work out.
return them.

i have a single unit xarcade, but never tried different cable.

later

y0ush4

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 09:05:22 am »
Can you please test the Pin layout with multimeter??it will sure solve the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vocalitus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2021, 06:16:58 pm
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 03:24:08 am »
A straight through db9 cable is all you need.

y0ush4

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 03:25:14 am »
Ok than I order straight one first and post results here

bollwerk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2023, 08:27:52 pm
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 07:33:03 pm »
Something to keep in mind for the future, if you're feeling adventurous - maybe some day replace the internal control board with one that acts like a standard game controller and plugs into a USB port. I'm not sure if this would with with a PS5, but it works with Windows and Xbox.

Vocalitus

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 08:19:03 pm »
Something to keep in mind for the future, if you're feeling adventurous - maybe some day replace the internal control board with one that acts like a standard game controller and plugs into a USB port. I'm not sure if this would with with a PS5, but it works with Windows and Xbox.

I wouldn't advise doing that.  The Xgaming device is quite powerful and you will end up spending more money, also compatibility with other consoles will be lost.

Either you are using a Xgaming product or buying an off the shelf wooden housing box, and adding in controls and their respective controllers.  You have to make the choice if you are using emulators.

Unless you was given the Xgaming controller and you have no consoles to connect to.  This would not work with the Playstation 5/4/3 but the Xgaming PSX interface does work with dedicated Xbox 360 interface and the PC. As does the dedicated PS3/OGXbox connnector.  If you catch my drift you are either in the tub or out.

It is a different mind set to consider as the costs are prohibitive.  The only true alternative is a KADE but will require flashing per platform.   

Ok than I order straight one first and post results here

Be mindful what length you get.  Less than 6 feet is fine.  Anything over that and you will experience control lag.  I found during product testing that the longer cables used by Xgaming was not shielded and caused problems. 

I would get a shielded one as time can be a factor.

y0ush4

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 02:32:00 am »
Already ordered the straight one it’s 1.5 meter the shortest it’s on the way so I am waiting

y0ush4

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2021, 01:28:09 pm »

cable arrived guys but unfortunately it’s not working when I press the brook controller button ps5 show up the controller selection pop-up but arcade stick doesn’t respond neither the power light of joystick came up

y0ush4

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2021, 01:31:24 pm »
buy both and test out.

if it doesnt work out.
return them.

i have a single unit xarcade, but never tried different cable.

later
I again request you to test pinouts it’s really easy mate if you want We can talk in private

Vocalitus

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2021, 06:40:40 pm »

cable arrived guys but unfortunately it’s not working when I press the brook controller button ps5 show up the controller selection pop-up but arcade stick doesn’t respond neither the power light of joystick came up

I think that is not going to work.  PS2 and PSX that is what it is designed for.  It also works for the Xbox 360 adapter but not for the PS5 the PS4 or the PS3 for that matter.  The PS3 and the OG Xbox have their own adapter.

So it is going to be PC cable (USB) to Cronus Zen or directly to PS5.

You see the problem lies with Sony protection systems.  That is why the PS2 adapter is used to bypass the protection, and sometimes you need a wired controller to be on all the time for the adapter to work for PS3/PS4.

PS5 protection is more sophisticated.  Then only certain games will work with it.

Your original post didn't mention PS5.  I would have said no way Jose!

What I think you can do is hook up the tank directly to the PS5 via USB:

Turn on your PS5.
Plug in your peripherals and give it a few seconds for them to settle in.
If you’d like to customize some of the default settings, head over to Settings.
Navigate to Devices.
Choose to customize either your mouse or keyboard, and make all the changes you think are necessary.

What else I found:

https://guide.cronusmax.com/systems/playstation-5
https://arcadeshock.com/products/brook-ps5-upgrade-kit-for-the-universal-fighting-board

Good luck and let us know if it works!

y0ush4

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2021, 02:10:17 am »
A fellow tankstick user in USA already have tested it like this way it’s works on PS4 games in ps5 my problem is just Serial Console cable which is Male to Male DB9 (Rs232)

@vocalitus
Brother I did mentioned ps5 everywhere and I did plugged in tankstick directly to usb in ps5

Here

As you know ps5 detects the tankstick as standard Keyboard so it just works on GUI outside the games when when we start any game it shows KEYBOARD DISCONNECTED

I had considered Coronus adapter previously but I was not sure it gonna works or not so I started with these adapters after someone confirmed it’s working on PS5

Vocalitus

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2021, 03:26:41 am »
A fellow tankstick user in USA already have tested it like this way it’s works on PS4 games in ps5 my problem is just Serial Console cable which is Male to Male DB9 (Rs232)

@vocalitus
Brother I did mentioned ps5 everywhere and I did plugged in tankstick directly to usb in ps5

Here

As you know ps5 detects the tankstick as standard Keyboard so it just works on GUI outside the games when when we start any game it shows KEYBOARD DISCONNECTED

I had considered Coronus adapter previously but I was not sure it gonna works or not so I started with these adapters after someone confirmed it’s working on PS5

Exactly.

I will apologize in advance if I sound a bit off, and I am not trying to sound like a dick. 

Sometimes you when you post replies in here the color scheme might have something to do with not being able to view responses people type.

I told you that it would not work due to PS5 protection.  The protection is not limited to controllers, but to other devices as Sony spends the money developing consoles and some smarty pants comes along and hacks the console to run unsigned code via some exploit.

So Sony locks down the console.

So we have to look at how we can get games to work on non approved Sony devices, and that can be problematic.

I am sure I linked to two sites that have devices that are compatible with the PS5 but with the disclaimer that PS4 games work and some PS5 games don't.

So it is not the serial cable is it?

y0ush4

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2021, 03:31:01 am »
In my case I don’t have original console serial cable from XArcade but my other fellow who have same setup as me including original serial cable has already tested the on PS5 it works fine but just with PS4 titles which are working on ps5
The title released for ps5 or upgraded from PS4 to ps5 the setup won’t work

I hope you getting me

Vocalitus

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2021, 03:42:21 am »
In my case I don’t have original console serial cable from XArcade but my other fellow who have same setup as me including original serial cable has already tested the on PS5 it works fine but just with PS4 titles which are working on ps5
The title released for ps5 or upgraded from PS4 to ps5 the setup won’t work

I hope you getting me

In that video he did not get it working only for the keyboard and mouse functionality.

Watch the video again and have a nice cup of warm milk.

The PS5 is over rated anyway - dust off that original Xbox and play some CoinOPS. 

y0ush4

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2021, 03:44:43 am »
That video  is made by me it’s my YouTube channel it’s the actual problem we need all these adapters to get it working properly and I don’t have the original serial cable that’s the problem mate

Vocalitus

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2021, 03:53:39 am »
That video  is made by me it’s my YouTube channel it’s the actual problem we need all these adapters to get it working properly and I don’t have the original serial cable that’s the problem mate

Please link the video where the tank stick is working in the game on the PS5.

This is from the Cronus website that practically confirms what I posed above

Requirements:Cronus Zen Firmware Version: 2.0.9 (minimum)Zen Studio Version: 1.10 (minimum)Cronus Zen PS5 Dongle or PS4 third-party licensed controller (we recommend the HORI PS4 Mini-Pad).Using Cronus Zen with a PlayStation 5 requires a Cronus Zen PS5 Dongle or a PS4 third-party licensed controller to act as a security license donor, otherwise the controller will disconnect while playing PS5 Games. We call this a Speciality Controller (see below for the current list).Note: Just like the PS4 has always required an Auth controller, the PS5 will always require the PS5 Dongle or a Speciality Controller to authenticate, otherwise your gaming controller will disconnect randomly every 8-10 minutes. This isn't new - it does this with the PS4 also, and thankfully the solution still works with zero disconnections
PS5 Games Limited Rumble Support: Rumble support varies from game to game. rumble. Check GamePack instructions for more information.
PS5 Games: The PS4 Speciality workaround may not work with some newer PS5 titles such as CoD: Vanguard, and some older games are being patched to not support PS4 controllers.For a list of PS5 games that support PS4 Speciality Mod

It is all just too new.  You need to have some patience and in a few months someone will release a controller with an exploit.

Or you could ask PL1 if it is possible to hack a PS5 controller for A/D Dpad and 8 buttons.  Then open up the access panel to the tank stick and marry up the microswitches. 

Probably be quicker and if you are good at soldering and make some money on the side.

This guys mod tears down the PS5 controller and those pads are not too small....   :)

« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 04:23:35 am by Vocalitus »

Vocalitus

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2021, 04:27:55 am »

I think I figured a solution.

Bear with me.

If you have an android phone with a USB port then you could try PSPAD and plug in the X arcade USB with a OTG connector into the phone and it should work (technically).

y0ush4

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2021, 10:17:05 am »
Problem not solved yet I will be really thankful if someone can help me with serial console cable pinouts

y0ush4

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2021, 11:15:17 pm »
Bump

Pinout anyone please I can pay for it

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:24:47 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2021, 11:43:26 pm »
1 2 3 4 5
 6 7 8 9

It’s a 1 to 1 connection.  Verified on my cable.

You’re coming across like an entitled weirdo.

:cheers:

y0ush4

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2021, 01:41:21 am »
I check mine now

« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 01:46:29 am by y0ush4 »

y0ush4

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2021, 04:22:26 am »
Damn I have tested my cable with a MultiMeter its same straight through cable pins connected same as yours

1  2  3  4  5
     6 7 8 9

But mine is unable to power up tankstick I mean the red corner light is not lit

I am connecting in following way

PC-ps2+9pin female connection is hanging out of my arcade stick than I connected this cable Male to Male 9pin than on the other end official adapter for 9pin Male to 9pin female ps-ps2 converter than Brook ps-ps2 to ps4 converter
And damn stick is not powered up what’s wrong ??

« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 04:24:04 am by y0ush4 »

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:24:47 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2021, 09:03:44 am »
Not enough power going across the ps4 adapter, probably.  Can you test on another console without that adapter?

y0ush4

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2021, 09:10:45 am »
There must be some +ve voltage (3v I guess)on some pin in original cable ??