Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Monster Arcade DIY Kit  (Read 4949 times)

winterspan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 02:37:38 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Monster Arcade DIY Kit
« on: October 11, 2021, 01:14:53 am »
as anyone put together a Monster Arcade DIY kit?

We are trying to start building it now. The wooden cabinet itself is fully assembled, but I'm trying to figure out how to mount the monitor. Two issues:

The board that holds the monitor doesn't have any VESA holes, nor is there any type of mounting brackets. Is that normal? If so, what type of VESA kit did you buy for this? Did you use the wood board itself with long VESA bolts or did you put some sort of low profile metal VESA bracket on the board and then attach the monitor to that directly?

The monitor we got is too thick for the small space between the board and the front plexiglass. Has anyone had to adjust it and move it farther back?

For some reason, they won't reply to my emails after the sale. Which is a little concerning. Going to try calling them this week.

xenocidezr0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2022, 03:00:22 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Monster Arcade DIY Kit
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 12:25:16 am »
I don’t have the unit but as actually considering getting one of the 43” 4 player upright. From facebook I saw he said they aren’t selling the DIY kits right now due to supplies being limited. When did you order yours? I know you can’t click anywhere for a DIY kit but there is still a URL you can go to =, to see them and you can add them to the cart.