Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: h2seq and flycast  (Read 4503 times)

holmes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 05:42:06 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
h2seq and flycast
« on: October 08, 2021, 05:39:57 pm »
Hello,
 I have just discovered h2seq. Works nicely with model2 emulator. I do not underestand how it works. Could it work with other emulators such as Flycast?
I would like to play Daytona on  this emu.

Thanks!

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: h2seq and flycast
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 10:35:26 pm »
From memory it doesn't work with anything not listed - so it only feeds MAME, M2emu and i can't remember the other program. You could test it in notepad though. Set your keys, open notepad and hit them and see what gives. (if it will work with m2emu minimised in the background, you might try that).

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:10:16 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 01:42:39 am »
Hello, H2Seq is an autoit script. Works only with supported emulators because any emu calls for different functions: the script "sees" the current emulator (and game) and apply dedicated routines.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 01:46:19 am by baritonomarchetto »

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 03:29:58 am »
Hmm, that does give rise to the thought that you could just write your own script in AutoHotkey to do the same thing. Which would work with any emulator as long as the script was running and the emulator sees AHK input.

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 05:45:36 am »
Yes, shure. But you will likely have conflicts in a racing cab if more than one game uses the same inputs but in a different way.
H2Seq in particular doesn't only manage gears, but also other game- specific functions. This is why I had to limit compatibility with those games I actualy use and can test with my poor hardware

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 06:21:11 pm »
Yes, shure. But you will likely have conflicts in a racing cab if more than one game uses the same inputs but in a different way.
H2Seq in particular doesn't only manage gears, but also other game- specific functions. This is why I had to limit compatibility with those games I actualy use and can test with my poor hardware

Oh? What other game-specific functions does it do? I was more thinking you'd load any supposed program alongside an emulator with a batch file, and then just kill it the same way. I prefer doing things that way.

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 02:24:56 pm »
No: H2Seq is intended to run in background and apply dedicated functions to specific games. It not only handle gear changes, but also view changes and in some game key combinations (in example it exits M2 emulator when you press ESC. The emulator itself still runs in windowed mode if you press ESC).
All implemented functions are described in the readme file if you want to dig it more (it's a long time I don't work on it  ;D)