Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Header is way too big  (Read 3404 times)

mr_spark1e

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2005, 01:18:50 pm
  • Will I Ever Grow Up?
Header is way too big
« on: March 28, 2002, 03:21:51 pm »
First off, I'd like to say I love the new board.  However, the header (starting at "BYOAC Forums") is way to much.  I run 1280x960 and it's still way too much.  It would be alot better if it could be moved to the bottom of the page, as opposed to the top.  Or it really could be removed entirely.  The top part lists the forums, which are listed in the treeview above the messages.  The other forum links don't need to be displayed for every page I view.  Again, I just think it's overkill.  I'm suprised nobody else has mentioned this.

Beside that, I think the new board rocks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

ddebuss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 20, 2015, 07:48:10 am
  • Stuck in the 80's
Re: Header is way too big
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2002, 08:19:38 pm »
I have to admit it is kind of big.

planetjay

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2019, 10:50:57 pm
  • Ex-Evil Admin Monkey.
    • planetjay.com
Re: Header is way too big
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2002, 11:42:08 am »
Actually, this has been posted several times before. Saint added the header. He is on vacation but I'll ask him when he comes back.

On a seperate note I noticed that ddebuss has his address bar seperate from the other bars in his browser. Here's a screen shot of my pc http://mamehost.com/images/screen.jpg. Try putting the address bar on the same line as the menu. That give you maximum real estate for content in your browser.

Oh. And ignore the fact that my screen shot is 2048x768. I'm running dual monitors with a Radeon VE Dual Display Edition video card and 2 ViewSonic A90 19" monitors. Which is nice because in MAME32 you can select which monitor to play on. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »
planetjay.com. Still in Chicago. Still no hurricanes!