Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone who can help me out with Midway style cabinet plans 100% accurate?(MK/KI)  (Read 3592 times)

vincent722

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2021, 02:35:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
hi everyone, i donīt know how forums works, this is the first time im in one actually so sorry if i've made something bad. Me and my father want to build a Mortal Kombat cabinet replica (we are not sure if the mk1 style or the 2/4 style). We want it to be 100% accurate, but we only find some plans that are not the exact dimensions. can anyone help us with it? if you have the plans or have an original cabinet and can take the dimensios sizes of it? we will really apreciate it :) thanks!

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:12:01 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
Pretty sure you'll find what you're looking for at https://www.classicarcadecabinets.com/.   :cheers:

The accuracy for their MK2 and MK4 plans is 93% and from what I understand, they tend to lowball those ratings so they underpromise and overdeliver.   ;D
Cabinet Accuracy

I have had a lot of questions about cabinet accuracy... Hopefully below will help to clear it up.

90-100%
These drawings are complete or nearly complete and have enough detail that all artwork, control panels, monitor glass, etc...  fit the cabinets and require no modification.  Variations in the internal design and structure may vary. From the outside, these cabinets should be indistinguishable from a brand new factory fresh cabinet. All of these drawings have had cabinets cut from the plans and components are verified to fit without modification.

100% - Drawings made from the manufacturer's original engineering drawings.
98% - Perfect drawings made from an assembled cabinet. These drawings have 100% original blocking and assembly techniques, and are indistinguishable from a manufacturer's original cabinet. These drawings contain all of the drill markings as well.
95% - Drawings made from a donor cabinet. All components match 100%. Internal structure has been modified for easier assembly or cutting. Cabinet has non-standard blocking. Internal structure has been modified. Cabinet drawings may be missing internal components for mounting PCBs or power supplies. These drawings are missing items of high level of detail to include drill holes for speakers, mountings, etc... Overall, these drawings will result in a cabinet that is indistinguishable from the outside of a manufacturer's original cabinet, but internally will not be the same.
90%- Same criteria as the 95%, but may be missing a back door or other component.

Scott

601 Arcades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 15, 2022, 07:01:08 pm
  • I build my own arcade controls all the time!
I second classicarcadecabinets. I've run a couple MK3's on my CNC machine in the past from his site. The 93% accuracy is probably closer to 99% to be honest. All the side art, original control panel, original marquee, rails, etc lined up perfectly on the cabinets I cut for a customer. They had all the parts, but the cabinets were beyond repair.

EDIT: If you're wanting to use them as printable plans vs CAD vectors, then just download something like sketchup and import the DXF's into the program, then make PDF's from them at 1:1 and take them to office depot or staples and print out on 36" paper.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 06:43:31 am by 601 Arcades »
Ms Pacman (All Original)
Galaga (All Original)
Dragon's Lair (Original Hardware/Reproduction Cabinet By Me)
WIP Centipede Cabaret (Original Hardware/Reproduction Cabinet By Me)
WIP Robotron Mini (Original Hardware/Reproduction Cabinet By Me)
WIP Multi-Williams