Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden Tee Fore Video Card Works but still no Video  (Read 4774 times)

DCrosby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2021, 10:15:32 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Golden Tee Fore Video Card Works but still no Video
« on: September 30, 2021, 12:42:07 am »
I have a Golden Tee 2004 (Red Board) with Eagle U15 v2.04 some security chips with what looks like factory numbers. It has a 3DFX card and was sold as No Video, which is accurate. When I plug in the card into a PC, I get video through the card, and I get the version (It flashed by quickly so I didn't write it down, I presume 3DFX 2000 or similar green board). I'm wondering if the lights flash on the MB, but there is no sound from the speaker indicating diagnostic beeps, and such, how do I tackle this issue?
I'm getting a SD Card + adapter to see if I can get the HDD light to flash, but without video at this point my hopes are low that I'll see much once I get the HDD(SD Card).

Where do I start? I plugged an old monitor the same one where I got signal from the old pc direct into the monitor board, I tried to connect the jamma, but at this point of just looking for signs of life I'm not concerned with jamma.

I have a brand new EVGA 700 watt power supply with ATX connector so, should be plenty.

Any pointers on what to check where, with a logic probe or something, but from my perspective the 3DFX card isn't getting told to display anything, it's getting some power, as the heat sync gets warm. I'll try and get some pictures of the lights and maybe that will tell someone more of what may be wrong.

Readings on the card's check points were 5.03v, 5.03v and 12.36v

-DC
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 10:15:54 am by DCrosby »