Main > Lightguns

request help setting up samco lightgun to work with retroarch please

<< < (2/2)

ThatOneSeong:

--- Quote from: Titchgamer on September 25, 2021, 08:05:52 am ---Not really, Its pretty well documented.

--- End quote ---
As a long-time RetroArch user, I'm very interested in seeing where this is documented. Because I personally haven't seen any such things myself.Genuinely curious.

Titchgamer:
On the top of a hill right now but in short:

1) The USB IDs change when you plug anything in/restart

2) un-intuitive and over complex button binding.

3) General lack of support for lightguns.

I see so many people having issues with it on a daily basis you would not believe.

I can get the standalone version of duckstation up n running in under 5 mins from scratch with no issues.

Its actually one of the easiest emus to get going but does not support un patched justifier or 2 player atm.

ThatOneSeong:

--- Quote from: Titchgamer on September 25, 2021, 09:40:18 am ---On the top of a hill right now but in short:

1) The USB IDs change when you plug anything in/restart

2) un-intuitive and over complex button binding.

3) General lack of support for lightguns.

I see so many people having issues with it on a daily basis you would not believe.

I can get the standalone version of duckstation up n running in under 5 mins from scratch with no issues.

Its actually one of the easiest emus to get going but does not support un patched justifier or 2 player atm.

--- End quote ---
Without being able to confirm or deny the first or third points (I'm still waiting on parts), it sounds a lot like the same general complaints I keep hearing from people who haven't adjusted to Retroarch in the same way I have.In spite of the learning curve, I've seldom had issues with RA. If anything, I'd be hardpressed to go back to standalone emus; so many different interfaces with different implementations of similar settings that can be just as unintuitive. Some programs work better on their own merits than others - but with anything that isn't Dolphin or RPCS3, it's libretro or nothing for me.Side Note: The day the PCSX2 core is finished with embedded Lightgun support for all platforms and not just a now-aging Windows-only build, I'll be happy.

Titchgamer:
For game pad console gaming RA is fine.
(Still prefer standalone personally) but for  lightgun games you are opening yourself up to a whole world of hurt!

Dam0:
as for RA, i had actually already followed your steps for setup, but cant get the start button to activate.

last night, i tried the mednafen.exe emulator, and first up got success with controls working at least with Sega Saturn .  i used
--- Code: ---mednafen.exe -ss.input.port1 gun "link to rom file"
--- End code ---

[edit]

--- Code: ---mednafen.exe -psx.stretch aspect_mult2 -psx.input.port1 guncon "path to rom"
--- End code ---

seems to work as expected for psx

[/edit]

D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version