Main > Consoles

PS5 & Xbox Series X Discussion

<< < (8/9) > >>

gamepimp:
Walmart has the XBox Series X in stock right now if anyone is looking for one. They seem to have had more availability lately and don't sell out right away. Either they are getting big shipments of them or supply is catching up with demand. It's good news for those who haven't been able to find one yet.  :cheers:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series-X-Video-Game-Console-Black/443574645

Dawgz Rule:
I picked up an Series X at Target yesterday as they seem to be trickling in.  Overall, if you are on an original Xbox One and have or are moving to a 4K tv, the difference is substantial.   Not so much when compared to the Xbox One X.   I moved from the latter, and there are some nice improvements, especially in overall performance. It may not be worth it for others.   I knew I would eventually move over, so I looked at it as more of an opportunity purchase as there was one available and the price was normal.  Migrating from one to other was painless.  Also, any Series X optimized games, upgraded themselves automatically.   

Howard_Casto:

--- Quote from: opt2not on March 21, 2022, 09:56:08 pm ---I loved Shadow of the Colossus  :dunno

--- End quote ---

Same.   Played the remake.   With updated graphics there is no reason to not like it unless you hate fun or something.

javeryh:
I definitely hate fun so this makes a lot of sense!  I honestly tried to like Shadow of the Colossus - I finished it!  I think I only actually enjoyed about 20 minutes out of the 15 hours I took to finish.  The rest of the time I was just yelling at the TV because my character wasn't doing what I was 100% sure I was inputting into the controller. 

I just started playing Tunic on Xbox Game Pass.  So far it's really clever.  It is a Legend of Zelda / Dark Souls (?) mash up.  It looks cute but it is pretty tough so far.  It's a top-down 3D isometric adventure game.  Intricate map, treasures, weapons, secrets, etc. (like Zelda).  When you die you lose all your gold but if you make it back to where you died you can see your ghost and pick up the lost treasure (like Dark Souls).  Combat is good so far - you can lock on to enemies and since they do a lot of damage you can't just button mash your way through. 

The "hook" is that the game itself is one giant puzzle - the in-game language is indecipherable but along the way you pick up pages to the "instruction manual" so you can figure out how to play, get tips on how to beat bosses, view the world map, learn about items, etc.  It looks exactly like the kind we used to get in old NES games.  Filled with maps, tips, hints, etc.  It's really well done.  I finished the first area (Eastern Forest) and am now wandering around looking for where to go next (there is no hand-holding by the game whatsoever).  Definitely check it out if you are looking for something fun.

javeryh:
Over the past year I’ve basically been playing nothing but PS5 games so the Xbox One and Switch are collecting dust.  I’m playing Horizon Forbidden West right now and it’s gigantic.  Probably have 50+ hours on it and I’m not even 1/2 way through.

Over the last 6 months or so I’ve finished Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga, Far Cry 6, Stray, Ghost of Tsushima, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and a few others.  I have copies of Elden Ring and God of War Ragnarok but haven’t tried them yet.  As you can tell, I’m very much enjoying the PS5.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version