Main > Consoles

PS5 & Xbox Series X Discussion

(1/9) > >>

javeryh:
EDIT: Changing this thread for general PS5/Xbox Series X discussion for those of us not 100% stuck in the 80s  >:D

I have alerts on my phone set up and when they go off by the time I'm even able to open the page the consoles are gone.  I refuse to pay more than MSRP for one.  How can Sony and Microsoft claim that they are selling more consoles than any other systems in their history when there are no consoles available?

HaRuMaN:
I got mine PS5 from Sony Direct. 

They randomize you in queue when they have them for sale, and when you get to the front if there are any left, you can buy. 

javeryh:

--- Quote from: HaRuMaN on September 24, 2021, 02:05:16 pm ---I got mine PS5 from Sony Direct. 

They randomize you in queue when they have them for sale, and when you get to the front if there are any left, you can buy.

--- End quote ---

I have tried this with no luck so far.  Every time I am in the queue for a while I end up getting a message that says they will only sell to people who got invites directly from Sony via email... I haven't received any of those yet.  I'll keep trying even though there's nothing I'm dying to play on it... I just want to buy my first 4K TV so that will be my excuse  :)

KenToad:
I have never seen either console in person, although weirdly I have seen two used Xbox Series S consoles at my local second hand gaming store.

Recently, I finally talked to someone who has a PS5. He somehow got one on launch and has two games for the console.

There is no way that the hoarding of consoles by scalpers can be considered anything but a crisis inside these companies. However, they won't admit that publicly. They could easily share how many consoles owned by unique users are connecting to their networks, but they're sharing sales numbers to bots and lumping their network stats together with their older consoles so that we the public can only speculate.

I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to go into a store and buy a new Xbox by the holidays, but the recent long lines at Best Buy's restock have me slightly worried, as my son would like to get the new console as a gift. If things continue like this, we may buy an Oculus instead because I refuse to pay scalpers.

In the end, it's not that big of a deal. We have a world of games and not enough time. I do hope that these scalpers end up learning their lesson, though.

javeryh:

--- Quote from: KenToad on September 24, 2021, 04:52:00 pm ---I have never seen either console in person, although weirdly I have seen two used Xbox Series S consoles at my local second hand gaming store.

Recently, I finally talked to someone who has a PS5. He somehow got one on launch and has two games for the console.

There is no way that the hoarding of consoles by scalpers can be considered anything but a crisis inside these companies. However, they won't admit that publicly. They could easily share how many consoles owned by unique users are connecting to their networks, but they're sharing sales numbers to bots and lumping their network stats together with their older consoles so that we the public can only speculate.

I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to go into a store and buy a new Xbox by the holidays, but the recent long lines at Best Buy's restock have me slightly worried, as my son would like to get the new console as a gift. If things continue like this, we may buy an Oculus instead because I refuse to pay scalpers.

In the end, it's not that big of a deal. We have a world of games and not enough time. I do hope that these scalpers end up learning their lesson, though.

--- End quote ---

yeah I totally agree.  The attachment rate for games must be abysmal if all of these consoles are sitting with scalpers.  I mean, you can get one easily for $900.  I'm not biting and it's definitely not a big deal.  I'll be a little bummed next year when I can't play God of War or the new Horizon but there's plenty to do in the meantime. 

I got an Oculus last Christmas and really like it.  It's not for "real" games (or at least I haven't found any) but the ones I have played are nice little diversions.  The ping pong game is really cool.  Beat Saber obviously.  I also like the Darth Vader game so far but only played a little.  I am not into shooters so the FPS stuff doesn't interest me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version