Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Buttons Not Registering in MAME  (Read 5387 times)

mikej27

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 02, 2021, 03:24:04 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Buttons Not Registering in MAME
« on: September 23, 2021, 11:48:23 pm »
I've been trying to get my bartop setup for a while now and just keep hitting walls getting my buttons to work. My setup:
RPI 3 with fresh install of Retropie. 4 way joystick + 3 action buttons + 2 start buttons (P1 and P2) + 3 admin buttons. Joy and buttons running through a zero delay encoder.

I was able to configure my buttons just fine on the fresh install. When I launched a game, I couldn't get the coin/credit to work. First I tried pressing Select (one of my admin buttons)...nothing. Next I hit tab to go into the config menu, scrolled down to Coin 1, pressed Enter, then I pressed my Coin 1 arcade button and it didn't do anything...I tried rewiring the button to another open slot on the zero delay encoder and still nothing. I was able to change the Coin 1 input using a random button on my keyboard...just not by pressing the Coin 1 arcade button. I know the button/switch physically works because I was able to set it up on the initial retropie screen. Not sure what to try next. Appreciate any tips.