Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Which Diamond plating material for Sega racing cabinet floor?  (Read 4637 times)

Rockstead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2024, 05:34:13 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
Re: Which Diamond plating material for Sega racing cabinet floor?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 06:22:04 am »
It looks like the stuff I used, which ended up looking very nice.  I don't think I paid that much for it though (and I bought enough for two cabs...Malenko has the other one).

I originally had ribbed stuff to match the factory style, but it trapped dirt and was a PITA to clean.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 06:32:48 am »
Found it mentioned in my old unfinished twin cab build thread; I paid $8.65 for a 24x48" piece on ebay eight years ago.

Rockstead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2024, 05:34:13 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 01:48:10 pm »
Thank you for confirming that, I’ll pick up a roll.

I was going to start another thread but maybe I’ll try you while you are here :) Any recommendations for replacements casters?

And what would you recommend for replacing the sound system? I’m retrofitting with a 32” LCD so I’ll need to replace speakers, same questions for the 2 x speakers in the dashboard itself, and the sub under the seat. I don’t know how this all works yet but I’m using Aganyte’s FFB solution so you end up using the original wiring harness, I just don’t have it all physically in front of me and I’m not sure how that all connects to the speakers and how easily other types of speakers could be swapped in while using the original wiring.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 02:22:10 pm by Rockstead »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 04:56:44 pm »
Any recommendations for replacements casters?
Nope.

And what would you recommend for replacing the sound system? I’m retrofitting with a 32” LCD so I’ll need to replace speakers, same questions for the 2 x speakers in the dashboard itself, and the sub under the seat. I don’t know how this all works yet but I’m using Aganyte’s FFB solution so you end up using the original wiring harness, I just don’t have it all physically in front of me and I’m not sure how that all connects to the speakers and how easily other types of speakers could be swapped in while using the original wiring.
Not sure about his adapter.  You will probably just end up running separate sound out of the PC.  Most people just end up using PC speakers.
The 32" widescreen might allow for speakers below or above it.  If not, you'll have to get something that doesn't look too horrible mounted on the sides of the cab.
The little speaker locations in the dash usually go unused unless you are running a 5.1 system and use them as a center channel.  The location of them isn't optimal for anything else.