Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Ridge Racer 2 and Rave Racer link play working in MAME WIP test build.

<< < (15/16) > >>

holmes:

--- Quote from: buttersoft on November 15, 2021, 10:02:50 pm ---Got Rave Racer running today, pretty awesome. Thanks to JB for the build!

I did try the FFB plugin and can't seem to get it running. Anyone got it working?  After setting Outputs = Windows in MAME.ini, and selecting my wheel from the FFB plugin GUI, is there anything else needed?

--- End quote ---

I have alors been unsuccessful with FFB. I tried renaming JB's executable to mame.exe but that did not work.
Any idea ?

frankrizzo2:
Were you able to get FFB working on this build? I wonder if the rom name is different than what Boomslangs FFB Plugin is looking for? This was the game I played a ton as a kid, so it would be really great to have link play and FFB working on my twin cab.

Super-Becker:
For me, the FFB is working perfectly. I'm using two PCs, one with the Thrustmaster T300 and the other with the Logitech G29. I'm using the FFB plugin version 2.0.0.33 (I recommend it because this version didn't present any problems for me until MAME 0.257). You must activate FFB in the game's service menu. On both PCs you must also press tab > machine configuration > cabinet > Twin. Restart the game and it should work.

I'm having a lot of fun. Thank you very much John Bennett! Is there any update to link Ace Driver?

frankrizzo2:
Thanks for confirmation on it working. I tried the FFB plugin version you suggested and now I'm getting FFB but it pulls extreme right or left and doesn't center the wheel. I have alternate ffb on in the plugin as I'm using a VJoy Wheel with backforce feeder. Maybe I have the wrong rom or something? I'll do some more investigating in the coming days. Are you using the latest version of Johns version of Mame or his earlier release?

Super-Becker:

--- Quote from: frankrizzo2 on May 13, 2024, 07:31:47 pm ---Thanks for confirmation on it working. I tried the FFB plugin version you suggested and now I'm getting FFB but it pulls extreme right or left and doesn't center the wheel. I have alternate ffb on in the plugin as I'm using a VJoy Wheel with backforce feeder. Maybe I have the wrong rom or something? I'll do some more investigating in the coming days. Are you using the latest version of Johns version of Mame or his earlier release?

--- End quote ---

To fix the problem with the steering wheel pulling towards the ends, press tab > machine configuration > cabinet > twin. It needs to be in Twin because in Standard and De Luxe it presents the problem.

I'm using the latest version (John Bennett's MAME 0.251).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version