Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Ridge Racer 2 and Rave Racer link play working in MAME WIP test build.

<< < (2/16) > >>

Hydreigon:

--- Quote from: Boomslang on October 07, 2021, 10:37:19 pm ---very cool

it takes all of 2 mins to quickly sign up to their forum so not a huge deal. I just registered and grabbed link etc

--- End quote ---
If you don't live in Europe or UK, then it's virtually impossible to register because they restrict IP address ranges within certain countries. I'd rather not resort to lying/cheating by using a VPN either.

Done some extensive testing and JB was correct, only a few games work (can't get other games like Cyber Cycles to link for the lolz). I'm starting to feel sorry because of all the setbacks in emulating this device. I personally consider this a supercharged RS232.

MrThunderwing:

--- Quote from: Hydreigon on October 09, 2021, 12:32:04 pm ---

it takes all of 2 mins to quickly sign up to their forum so not a huge deal. I just registered and grabbed link etc

--- End quote ---
If you don't live in Europe or UK, then it's virtually impossible to register because they restrict IP address ranges within certain countries. I'd rather not resort to lying/cheating by using a VPN either.

Done some extensive testing and JB was correct, only a few games work (can't get other games like Cyber Cycles to link for the lolz). I'm starting to feel sorry because of all the setbacks in emulating this device. I personally consider this a supercharged RS232.

--- End quote ---

...? You don't need to register there, Boomslang put a link to download the special RR build from in his comment, along with the information from the UKVAC thread. I got the 2 Player build set up last night.

MrThunderwing:

--- Quote from: Boomslang on October 07, 2021, 10:37:19 pm ---If you want a play of fullscale, then so linkups1_to2, 2_to_3 and 3_to_1 (as it's 3 instances). I think I set the jumpers right for it to run. It's obviously a technicolour nightmare with bad video ROMs. Needs a beefy PC, but it's now spreading the load over multiple cores, unlike one instance of MAME, so I can run it at 60fps here

--- End quote ---

Has anyone figured out how to get the full scale version into the 3 screen mode? I've got the correct ROM, I've got my -comm_localport and -comm_remoteport all setup correctly in my batch file for the 3 versions of MAME, but when they open up, they're acting like 3 separate machines that aren't linked. I've had a look in the game's test menu to see if there's an option there to get them linked up, but I couldn't see anything. Anyone figured it out?

Edit: NVM JB has replied to me over at UKVAC.

Boomslang:

--- Quote from: Hydreigon on October 09, 2021, 12:32:04 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Hm strange. I live in New Zealand but had no issues

*EDIT*

John Bennett has tried to make forum account here but says he never gets sent the confirmation email?

PL1:

--- Quote from: Boomslang on October 09, 2021, 07:40:50 pm ---John Bennett has tried to make forum account here but says he never gets sent the confirmation email?

--- End quote ---
Saint has run into this issue before.   :banghead:

--- Quote from: saint on March 07, 2021, 02:28:34 pm ---Multiple services, including Hotmail, flag activity from the arcadecontrols.com server as SPAM and deny it. I don't know how to resolve this, I have made efforts before with various services as per whatever instructions they give to get off their spam list, but since the server sends people notifications and other bits of automated email in fairly high volume, our server gets flagged as SPAM-sending, even though all the emails are legitimate and opt-in.

I don't have a way to fix this, though it's been some time since I looked.

--- End quote ---

Boomslang, can you ask John Bennett to try registering here with another e-mail address?
- Hopefully he has one on a domain that doesn't flag activity from the arcadecontrols.com server as spam.

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version