Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Ridge Racer 2 and Rave Racer link play working in MAME WIP test build.

<< < (3/9) > >>

flybynight:
The SMTP email transactions logs on the server will have the full details on the reason for the failed email delivery. At a guess it looks like the email server IP is listed on the RATS blacklist.

https://www.spamrats.com/lookup.php?ip=74.208.43.115
(74.208.43.115 is the IP of the forum server)

Some email providers will reject  messages at time of connection if the incoming SMTP connection is on a blacklist.

1. The webmaster can request a de-listing here:
https://www.spamrats.com/rats-spam.php?ip=74.208.43.115#removal

2. Also the webmaster could ask the hosting company to "set up a reverse DNS PTR record for 74.208.43.115 to reverse to mail.arcadecontrols.com" (FQDN of the sending SMTP server) as the current PTR record is odd (74.208.43.115 PTR is set to u21482513.onlinehome-server.com)

John Bennett:
Hi everyone, and thanks for sorting  :). I was going to look into another email address, I just donít have many as Iíd get too disorganised.

John Bennett:

--- Quote from: Hydreigon on October 09, 2021, 12:32:04 pm ---Done some extensive testing and JB was correct, only a few games work (can't get other games like Cyber Cycles to link for the lolz). I'm starting to feel sorry because of all the setbacks in emulating this device. I personally consider this a supercharged RS232.

--- End quote ---

It's fair to assume that anything not listed (Drivers eyes, fullscale, RR2, Rave Racer) will NOT work.

It's basically because this device takes up to a 4K block of data and shoves it out over a 1MBit RS232-like interface to another chip, which will write to 4k on that game board.
The chip has various registers that we don't fully understand that are read or written to and each game seems to do something different that I haven't seen before (full scale is maybe the simplest). It also looks like the chip manipulates the data too, just to add to the pain (appending bits onto ends of frames etc). So for every game I have to implement something different -it's almost like I've written 4 different chip drivers so-far!.

I did start to look at Ace Driver and I'll come back to it again at some point.
I'm sure I'll get a better picture once more stuff is working.
What doesn't help is that global comms drops bytes too and I've not worked out a good way to synchonise multiple instances yet (Sega have a 'master' PCB in their linkups, this stuff is just a big loop of identical priority boards). I had some ideas. It'd be great to see more than 2 on a linkup without it falling over.

System2 stuff I couldn't get anywhere with, other than to pass the loopback test in the settings. Made me think it couldn't tolerate any dropped data. I've got a final-lap setup I could fire up one day if I had to.

Anyway, so busy this year I'm not sure if I'll get anything done short-term, but I will at some point

Boomslang:
Frustrating that each game seems so different. It would be great to get more then 2p supported like you said, look forward to more updates

Boomslang:

--- Quote from: John Bennett on October 12, 2021, 07:32:49 am ---
--- Quote from: Hydreigon on October 09, 2021, 12:32:04 pm ---Done some extensive testing and JB was correct, only a few games work (can't get other games like Cyber Cycles to link for the lolz). I'm starting to feel sorry because of all the setbacks in emulating this device. I personally consider this a supercharged RS232.

--- End quote ---

It's fair to assume that anything not listed (Drivers eyes, fullscale, RR2, Rave Racer) will NOT work.

It's basically because this device takes up to a 4K block of data and shoves it out over a 1MBit RS232-like interface to another chip, which will write to 4k on that game board.
The chip has various registers that we don't fully understand that are read or written to and each game seems to do something different that I haven't seen before (full scale is maybe the simplest). It also looks like the chip manipulates the data too, just to add to the pain (appending bits onto ends of frames etc). So for every game I have to implement something different -it's almost like I've written 4 different chip drivers so-far!.

I did start to look at Ace Driver and I'll come back to it again at some point.
I'm sure I'll get a better picture once more stuff is working.
What doesn't help is that global comms drops bytes too and I've not worked out a good way to synchonise multiple instances yet (Sega have a 'master' PCB in their linkups, this stuff is just a big loop of identical priority boards). I had some ideas. It'd be great to see more than 2 on a linkup without it falling over.

System2 stuff I couldn't get anywhere with, other than to pass the loopback test in the settings. Made me think it couldn't tolerate any dropped data. I've got a final-lap setup I could fire up one day if I had to.

Anyway, so busy this year I'm not sure if I'll get anything done short-term, but I will at some point

--- End quote ---

Have you looked at Dirt Dash at all?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version