Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Rally 3 CPU too powerfull? SOLVED  (Read 4283 times)

Demoon73

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2022, 01:26:56 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Sega Rally 3 CPU too powerfull? SOLVED
« on: September 20, 2021, 08:31:29 am »
Hello all,

Now I succeed in connecting in  link mode with my 2 cabs at Sega Rally 3, another problem comes.
With my old PC, Core i5 4590 GTX 770, everything  is OK but with my new one, Ryzen 7 3800x GTX 1080, I can't  choose the Quick Race  in the menu. I turn the wheel the slowest I can, it goes directly from Championship to classic game and the same in the other way. I  tried to reduce the sensibility in the game and in the logitech profile manager, I changed all possibilities in the manager but it does nothing. I also switch my 2 wheels, Logitech Momo Force (red one) and G25, with the old PC, it's OK and with the new one, impossible to choose....
Do you think the the PC would be too powerfull?
Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 03:12:33 pm by Demoon73 »

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Sega Rally 3 CPU too powerfull?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 08:14:00 pm »
I don't think it would be the PC. The French Forum, where there's a very active Teknoparrot community, hasn't really mentioned any problems like this.

I do know that SR3 can be sensitive to inputs on powering up. If you hold the brake at various loading points, it can then sometimes reverse itself in game. If your pedals are inverted, sometimes the system seeing the regular inputs as well might have been confusing things. I'm not sure if this was caused by older versions of TP or what.

I mention the above as i'm wondering if the same is going on with steering - is the wheel centered and left alone during boot?

If worst comes to worst, you can look into a remapper like UCR.

Demoon73

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2022, 01:26:56 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Sega Rally 3 CPU too powerfull?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 03:12:02 pm »
I found the problem, I made an update of the Nvidia driver and  the wheel problem disappeared.