Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SW Pro; failing to get past startup  (Read 9609 times)

kayoteq

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2022, 02:15:51 pm
    • Webmonkees arcade bin
SW Pro; failing to get past startup
« on: September 15, 2021, 10:02:46 pm »
Hi,
it's complicated but I used to be the regular pin tech for a friend and helped him
get a SW pro shipped to him from the usual suspects (delivery folks had to be told how to assemble)
.. I was in the hospital at the time, for a few years.

Right now.. the pin worked wonderfully for 8 months then a ramp got stuck. This caused all sorts of errors and not sure if it's
software or a physical issue causing the stuck ramp.

.. partially because my friend does not have confidence in my capacity to effect repairs.

So..

Kingsport, Tennessee area. the Star Wars Pro and a 1970s William Stardust. either game working would be a win.
Professionalism or the appearance of would be appreciated. This is a home game enivironment.

Compensation: a reasonable fee and if it's just a few adjustments and it's done, paid. We want working games. I am still
relearning basic coordination, but since you see me typing, that's going well.

... once I get the pinballs going, I have my CRT and vector games to take on. I can't work on them until I get this pin issue resolved.

Thank you for your help, I'll get to the point where I can take this stuff on again with confidence.

Sincerely,

Charlie

aka kayoteq (member since ??)

webmonkees on twitter
If you order a pizza, put 1 quarter in their Galaga and the pizza's done before you are, you might be a video game junkie.. if you offer to tweak the crt , definitely.

kayoteq

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2022, 02:15:51 pm
    • Webmonkees arcade bin
Re: SW Pro; failing to get past startup
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 10:06:51 pm »
Ideally I get enough reliable information here and in the manual to finally determine
if it's software, or a physical object to be removed and replaced. Or adjusted.
it's only a few months past warranty..

If you order a pizza, put 1 quarter in their Galaga and the pizza's done before you are, you might be a video game junkie.. if you offer to tweak the crt , definitely.

Gilrock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:47:24 pm
Re: SW Pro; failing to get past startup
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 08:36:21 am »
As a software engineer its my duty to tell you its the hardware. :)
The only way software changes behavior is when a hardware item gets corrupted.