Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DW Jukebox  (Read 5379 times)

Jukeboxmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2021, 06:46:04 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
DW Jukebox
« on: September 15, 2021, 06:46:04 am »
Hi all.
Is anybody still using DW Jukebox.

I have got all of the origional downloads for the program itself plus skins, soundpack, etc. if anyone needs anything.

I have spent the last few years off and on modifying skins etc. to suit my own needs and tastes.

What I would love to find now are drawings/plans for a good looking cabinet to build. I had tried locating an old jukebox cabinet with either missing or incomplete workings to use as a base for my MP3 jukebox. No luck with that.

Does anyone have anything. I am now living in France.

Thanks

Gazzer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 03, 2023, 04:10:33 pm
Re: DW Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 05:42:23 pm »
Just seen post, I still use this on my giveaways Jukeboxes. What type of skins have you made?

Dermbrian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2024, 05:05:16 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 07:40:05 am »
Still using it and finally made a dedicated jukebox.  No other software does what it does.

Gregted

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2022, 05:58:49 am
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 09:05:05 am »
Building a man shed soon and talked about building a jukebox so this is the perfect program for me.

I just installed it but it seems to load my mp3s without an artist.

Is there a format for the file name.

At the moment I have eg.. Eric Clapton -  Tears in heaven as a file name but the program has various artists as the artist.

Any help appreciated.

Also did you find a suitable template for the cabinet buiild?

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:40:05 am
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 09:06:50 pm »
Use mp3tag (free) to help curate the tags for your music collection
Check out my completed projects!

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:50:40 pm
  • I believe I may need an intervention
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 02:58:22 am »
Use mp3tag (free) to help curate the tags for your music collection

Oooo...
Thanks for the tip Andrew- need to look into this one.

I have an unmanageable pile of music and hopefully will finally start the jukebox project within the next month.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

Dermbrian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2024, 05:05:16 pm
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 11:32:01 am »
DWJukebox can either use the ID3 tags or the directory structure to create the titlestrips.  If you are using the directory structure, your albums need to be stored in the following manner:

Frank Sinatra
----Come Fly With Me
----Greatest Hits
----Songs for Swingin' Lovers
----Trilogy

Simon and Garfunkel
----Bridge Over Troubled Water
----Greatest Hits
----Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

There is one problem with this.  If you want to have a category in your directory, such as SOUNDTRACKS, that adds another directory Layer.  So "SOUNDTRACKS" shows up as the artist.  I'd rather have the soundtrack name show up as the artist, accompanied by the song title.  For example, I don't want to see "SOUNDTRACK - You're The One That I Want".  I want to see "Grease - You're The One That I Want".

If you use ID tags to create the title strips with, you have a bigger problem when you have multiple Album Artist (the field it uses) that have the same album.  So all of your songs from your "Greatest Hits" albums can get indexed weirdly.   I ended up using ID3 tags for titlestrip creation, but I had to rename the Album "Greatest Hits" to something along the line of "Frank Sinatra Greatest Hits" and "Simon And Garfunkel Greatest Hits".  Problem solved, but not without some work.

More and more, people acquire singles rather than albums of mp3's.  If that is the case, it's best to use the ID3 tags and creating the directory structure becomes less important....but you have to make sure your "album artist" is consistent and "album" is unique.  That may require editing of the tag to have any kind consistency in the titlestrips.

I hope all the above is clear and helpful.  It's worth it!