Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultrastiks not Registering/Working in Xinput Mode (IPAC I/O)  (Read 1575 times)

legendaryweapons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2023, 12:08:46 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ultrastiks not Registering/Working in Xinput Mode (IPAC I/O)
« on: September 15, 2021, 04:08:07 am »
So I successfully finished my cab a while ago, so far everything is working great in MAME, but now I want to try to get my cabinet to play steam games with xbox controls. 

I was hoping to get my Ultimarc controllers to work with my buttons for Xinput mode to work as Xbox controllers for PC games. Right now they only work in MAME. I'm leaning towards my wiring is wrong, and I'd like to see if I can correct it. My setup:

4PL Windows 10, CoinOPS FE, IPAC Ultimarc I/O (x2), Ultrastik 360s

I've wired 2 of the Ultrastiks to the IPAC switches on the IO board according to this guide: https://www.ultimarc.com/arcade-controls/joysticks/ultrastik-360-oval-top-clone/

Here is a picture as I believe I have the connections correct though it's really hard to see.

It's hard to get a clear photo, but I have the pins as follows:

1= none | 2 = black/ground | 3 = empty | 4 = empty | 5 = 1Right

6 = 1Left | 7 = 1Up | 8 = 1Down | 9 = empty |10 = empty

These are wired to the IO board. I'm testing in both keyboard mode and xinput mode and I get no input from the joystick in keyboard mode.  In xinput mode my buttons DO get recognized. The USB joystick works in MAME. the Ultrastiks get found with software (360CE, Steam), but not combined with the buttons, and separately from Xinput mode.  I've tried this on 3 controllers and no joystick gets recognized by the IO board.

Am I missing something in my wiring? Is there something else I'm just not correctly checking? I have open pins on the Ultrastik, but the documentation seems to imply it's for different setups.

Any input would be appreciated!  I'd prefer to not bug Andy at Ultimarc until I've exhausted the forums :D