Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rope lighting not working in crane game/claw machine  (Read 3877 times)

LaceyJaye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 09, 2021, 05:55:46 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rope lighting not working in crane game/claw machine
« on: September 04, 2021, 01:42:22 pm »
Hi! I purchased a Panda Treasure Center claw machine/crane game which needed some work. I've gotten most of it working thanks to all the great info on this and other forums (thanks!) but I can't find enough info on the lights.

There's a strip of chasing rope lights on each side of the unit which don't light up. The chaser circuit board inputs 120 volts AC and it's outputting what seems to be around 40 volts DC (at least I'm guessing it's DC) but it's meant to flash, so my multimeter can't get a solid reading. The two light strips have three wires each and don't appear to be damaged.

The manual doesn't really explain much beyond setting the DIP switches, so I don't know how to approach troubleshooting the issue. Can anyone offer suggestions, or tell me what voltage I need to use to test the lights without the circuit board? Thanks for any help!

BTW It's labelled EF-SSDK 56084 and nearly identical to this board: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB17jWUabEF6uJjSZFOq6xUvVXaG/Toy-crane-machine-kits-cable-wires-display-Sound-card-Flashing-lights-board-claw-machine-arcade-slot.jpg_q50.jpg
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 05:55:47 pm by LaceyJaye »