Main > Lightguns

Aliens Arcade GUNS + mamehooker need help

<< < (2/13) > >>

Nitro0602:
Thanks man! Just got these guns a few days ago.. had to re solder them as it was inverted. Now they work great on Aliens and FarCry on Tekno. However I canít seem to get them working on other games in Tekno and mame as well.   Much appreciated!

bandicoot:
try with this mame.ini

Nitro0602:
Thanks so much! Iíll try it out shortly and let you know!
Did you do anything different for Teknoparrot games? I can only get FarCry and Aliens to work smoothly. Wanted to get Transformers, Luigis mansion, etc to work as well.

Nitro0602:
THAT WORKED!! thanks man! What setting did you change? Thanks a million man!
Now just gotta figure out Teknoparrot

--- Quote from: Nitro0602 on August 29, 2021, 12:15:18 pm ---Thanks so much! Iíll try it out shortly and let you know!
Did you do anything different for Teknoparrot games? I can only get FarCry and Aliens to work smoothly. Wanted to get Transformers, Luigis mansion, etc to work as well.

--- End quote ---

BadMouth:

--- Quote from: Nitro0602 on August 29, 2021, 10:55:32 am ---Hey guys, got the same gun. However in mame I finding the aim a bit stiff. It locks for a second once I move to the middle of the screen?

--- End quote ---

Sounds like a big deadzone.  With analog controls like positional guns, it's important to get an understanding of what MAME's input options do.
Every game needs to be set up individually if you want the best experience.

I've posted this quite a few times before, but always have a hard time finding it:
(#1 may not apply since windows handling of controllers has changed so much)

--- Quote ---    1.  Calibrate the positional gun in windows by pointing it along the edges of the screen.
    2.  In mame.ini set the dead zone to zero.
    3.  In mame.ini set the saturation to 1 (100%)
    4.  Calibrate the gun in the game's service menu (F2)
    5.  Adjust the sensetivity under analogue controls in MAME's in-game menu until the crosshairs don't lag behind the gun movement.
        (there is only ONE sensetivity setting, ignore all settings that include the word DIGITAL)
--- End quote ---

For the ini files, if an individual one for a rom exists in the ini folder, it will overrride mame.ini.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version