Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: coin door wiring help?  (Read 4624 times)

zapnap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 03:28:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
coin door wiring help?
« on: August 21, 2021, 11:41:53 am »
Hey all - I'm attempting to restore a jamma cocktail table that's been sitting in storage for several years. Coin door harness was cut so I don't know what the normal state of it is, nor do I have any sort of standard connector for my jamma harness.

It looks like the previous owner wired the two wico coin mechs together to feed into the single coin1 jamma input, so my understanding is each mech should have two wires, which should be the daisychained coin1 (green wire) and a ground (the two white striped wires), no? But then I'm unsure what the purpose of the area I've highlighted in green is (with the outgoing purple wire, which I assumed would be coin1 given that the green wires converge there). Any help very much appreciated.

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/AsXGmFW

Also! I've been trying to identify the table itself (in its original form), as it seems to be a horizontally-oriented table rather than a vertical one which is what I've seen in most cases. Any clues? It seems to have been gutted and repurposed a few times, though I suspect that's not unusual...

In any case, thanks again in advance for any help / advice!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 12:47:59 pm by zapnap »

zapnap

• Offline Offline
Re: coin door wiring help?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 12:27:22 pm »
Two more close-up pics of the register wiring... if I take a wire and manually bridge the two solder points together momentarily (with white striped wires connected to ground and the green connected directly to coin1 rather than through the green highlighted item in the original post), the jamma board connected will register a credit. But a coin through the mech with that same wiring in place doesn't appear to trigger the same action. So maybe I have more than one problem here... :o

https://imgur.com/a/32tvhCZ

meyer980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 10:52:39 am
  • Building fun things for fun
    • sergiostuff.com/2020/04/15/felix-son-arcade-game/
    • Sergio Stuff
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 12:21:52 pm »
The area in the green square is the Slam Switch - it resets the game if someone tries to pound on the coin door. Kind of like the "tilt" detector in pinball machines.

zapnap

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 03:29:37 pm »
The area in the green square is the Slam Switch - it resets the game if someone tries to pound on the coin door. Kind of like the "tilt" detector in pinball machines.

Aha! Thank you. I'll just pool it out of the circuit. Not planning on getting too rough with it here :)