Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: TMNT 4-Player Multigame  (Read 6221 times)

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
TMNT 4-Player Multigame
« on: August 16, 2021, 06:14:05 pm »
I picked up an NBA Jam that turned out to be a TMNT that had been converted to NBA Jam...

The original plan when I picked it up was to turn it in to a dedicated 4-player multigame.  It was originally going to be a "wipe down" project.  After assessing the condition of the sides... which were painted over the original TMNT vinyl... I decided the cab needed to be stripped.  So I set out stripping the sides off... once it was bare I figured I would paint it black... throw a new TMNT marquee up top,  a new generic TMNT CPO and call it a day.  I mean,  the original side art is just... bad.  1980's super cheeze... and that hand... WTF is up with that hand?

Lets not even talk about the crazy way she is standing and the super bad big-hair wig.  Who is that?  Janet from accounting?!?

Anyway... it took a week to warm to the idea... but eventually I decided 'screw it' and contacted Scott over at GameonGrafix.  Yup... 1980's cheese it would be...

I cleaned up the lock bar holes... painted the front... new T-molding... cleaned up the original coin doors which looked good enough to not have to re-spray... and here she is all complete.

Specs:  I am running an ARpiCADE Pi4 setup + the 4P add on.   There are only 75 games running in the cab.  Most of them 4P games with a few 3P sprinkled in.  Every one of them has had their controls custom setup.  All 4 coin slots work... and with many games they correspond to the correct player position... the others are "common" and position is selected by hitting the start button.  You can walk up to the cabinet as a single player and play in any position on any game without issue.  Of course it's running a custom layout for Attract Mode with a 4P/TMNT theme...

To Do: Evidently NAOMI games will run on this Pi4... but for the life of me I can't get the damn things to work.  There are a few 4P NAOMI games that would make a great addition to the cabinet.   Other than that... I think that's about it.  The games all play fantastically.  I did choose to omit the IGS (Polygame Master) games as they are all 4-button games and I set this up as a 3-button per player cabinet... such is life.  I ain't drillin' 4 more holes damnit.

:)

PS: @Saint,  if you want me to point you to a FANTASTIC "inline image" plugin for SMF let me know... without it the stock attachment system leaves A LOT to be desired.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 06:19:33 pm by FrizzleFried »
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:33:13 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: TMNT 4-Player Multigame
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 11:17:02 am »
looks good.

I scratch built a Konami 4 player cab.

I am waiting for my custom artwork so I threw a place filler cp on there so people can play the machine until the art comes in.

Mine plays PCBs.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,160652.0.html

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 02:32:58 pm »
Very nice... your old cab was pretty damn beat.

601 Arcades

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 15, 2022, 07:01:08 pm
  • I build my own arcade controls all the time!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 05:16:36 am »
Her leg too tho! Look at that leg, why is it bent like that. I remember that scaring me when I was a kid lol. On a side note, this is a project I'll start once my CNC machine is a little less booked than it currently is. Planning to build out a Konami cab from scratch, and make it a TMNT. Maybe a multi TMNT cab  :dunno That would be fun. Great job cleaning that bad boy up! I always liked NBA Jam too. So many games I'd love to have  :laugh2:
Ms Pacman (All Original)
Galaga (All Original)
Dragon's Lair (Original Hardware/Reproduction Cabinet By Me)
WIP Centipede Cabaret (Original Hardware/Reproduction Cabinet By Me)
WIP Robotron Mini (Original Hardware/Reproduction Cabinet By Me)
WIP Multi-Williams

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 05:47:52 pm »
Good job Frizz!

pbj

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 02:51:51 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 06:48:01 pm »
You people shut your whore mouthes about the hottest April O’Neill

BGoulette

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 05:19:40 pm
    • lazerjoose.com
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 10:27:35 am »
You people shut your whore mouthes about the hottest April O’Neill

Finally! Another man of taste and culture! I stared at the side art for this game far too much when it showed up in the foyer of the local movie theater back in the day.

dankykang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2022, 12:16:41 am
  • vidya games
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2021, 02:27:59 pm »
Is ARpiCADE stable enough to "set it and forget it"?