Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: J-Stik ServoStik Mounting and millout  (Read 6116 times)

tray262

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2022, 07:07:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
J-Stik ServoStik Mounting and millout
« on: August 14, 2021, 09:44:02 am »
So....... back in 2004 I built a machine. It was great back in the day. With the advancement in EVERYTHING here I go again. With everything that's changed I've been doing a ton of reading and research it's hard to find some of the info. What I'm building: 43" 4-player. 2 Servo-stik, 2 J stiks, Spinner, trackball, and a ton of buttons. I'm using a 4'x4' CNC machine to do all of the milling and I'm a CAD guy to start with.

With all of that being said..... I plan on using 2-sided melamine 3/4" plywood for most of the parts (all if I can). I also plan on using EZlock thread inserts for all of the mounting holes.

What is the proper thickness of the material for the proper "throw" of the controller.? I'm going to mill a pocket on the underside of the control to inset the controllers. I'm just not certain how deep to cut the pocket. I can measure the stick to get the shape of the pocket. Secondary question is what is the dimension of the actual hole for the stick to go through?

I did do a search, but it's really hard to find info through the search function.

Thanks in advance!
Tray

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:33:13 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: J-Stik ServoStik Mounting and millout
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 10:34:19 am »
https://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/mounting_layering.html

This will help. There is a lot of other information here too.

tray262

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2022, 07:07:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: J-Stik ServoStik Mounting and millout
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 05:04:33 pm »
Thank you much. Now to figure out what I have. Lol. You’d think this information would be included on the website for the controllers.

Thanks!!!