Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Disabling search function in mame?  (Read 2700 times)

peterpiper70

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 07:43:13 am
  • I want my own arcade controls!
Disabling search function in mame?
« on: August 06, 2021, 09:41:45 am »
I have a Mame machine which has two joysticks and respective buttoms all mapped as keyboard keys. I have changed setting in Mame to work correspondingly.
Problem is when on the Mame front screen if a button or joystick is moved/pressed mame sees it as a letter and changes the list to that letter only via the search function!!
Not sure ive explained this very well but its best I can do
Any one know how to disbale that serach function at the top above the favourites/Export list/show DATs icons?
Regards
Pete

Vocalitus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2021, 06:16:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Disabling search function in mame?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 07:11:31 pm »
I had the same problem and it is quite infuriating especially when you are wanting a certain set to use, and wanted to do the very same thing by disabling the interface.

I just moved to Launchbox and put the Mame binary of the set I was wanting to use and pointed the front end to it.  Its free and there are plenty of tuts online,

Launchvox is free and works but not entirely painless...

peterpiper70

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 07:43:13 am
  • I want my own arcade controls!
Re: Disabling search function in mame?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 07:43:13 am »
Thanks for you response Ill give that a try
Regards
Pete