Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Partycade Centipede 8-1 Trackball Problems  (Read 3935 times)

EpicGod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 12, 2021, 01:20:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Partycade Centipede 8-1 Trackball Problems
« on: August 03, 2021, 06:21:18 am »
Many people in the community have complained that Partycade's Centipede 8-1 has terrible gameplay using the trackball and arcade buttons. I went and replaced all arcade buttons and trackball with better ones on mine and determined, while the trackball has somewhat improved in performance, the gameplay on Centipede, Millipede, Crystal Castles still has it's problems with the trackball.

I did however, play the game Super Breakout and the trackball controls on that are perfect. I believe the overall problem is with Arcade1Up. A firmware should be released to fix the trackball issues - better gameplay. The Partycade has been out for a year now and I doubt there will be a fix to this. I don't know.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 07:31:16 am by EpicGod »

Vocalitus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2021, 06:16:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Partycade Centipede 8-1 Trackball Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 06:35:44 pm »
The arcade community understands that 1UP! is a toy and is not a serious piece of arcade technology.

The fact that is a modular and light weight alternative to the original is appealing with people with stairs and limited space.

Being a toy there is not a lot invested in arcade controls.  Sometimes they get it right, but other times it is sub par or just plain garbage.

There is a plethora of replacement arcade controls that will fit arcade 1up! cabinets, and most people swap them out.

Amazon has a bunch of replacement parts for 1up! cabinets to fit all situations, and replacement trackballs for of all budgets.

You get what you pay for.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 06:49:06 pm by Vocalitus »