Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Problems with the new board  (Read 3242 times)

Jason_

• Trade Count: (0)
Problems with the new board
« on: April 28, 2002, 08:45:07 am »
I'd like to point out a couple of minor problems with the new board.

Firstly when you post a message and make a mistake (forget to enter an email address for example) an error message appears. If you then click on the "back" button you lose your original message and have to retype it from scratch.

Also I wonder why it is necessary to enter a valid email address. I don't mind giving my address to people who actually need it. However since posting a couple of recent messages to the BYOAC board I have started receiving spam. I would therefore like to post future messages anonymously.

I guess I could register. However as I haven't actually built anything yet I think this would be overkill.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

planetjay

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2019, 10:50:57 pm
  • Ex-Evil Admin Monkey.
    • planetjay.com
Re: Problems with the new board
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2002, 07:03:06 pm »
Well you can always register and hide your email address. In fact it is suggested.

The reason the email address is needed is to help verify who you are. It slows people down abit in doing things that they shouldn't do. And of course IPaddresses are tracked too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »
planetjay.com. Still in Chicago. Still no hurricanes!