Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Retrobat  (Read 3097 times)

Vocalitus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2021, 06:16:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Retrobat
« on: July 26, 2021, 03:58:58 pm »
I have three Arcade 1up cabinets.  One horizontal, vertical and a sit down star wars for driving and flight games.

I currently have BigBox installed in them and it is starting to be a pain to administer them.  Don't get me wrong I like Launch/Big Box, I just do not have the time to fiddle with it.

A buddy of mine introduced me to Batrocera, and I have tinkered with that distro with the Pi and again it was fiddly to get working.  I have 3 i7 boxes in each cab and I want to stream from my Gaming PC or Xbox one.

There is an off shoot to Batrocera called RetroBat, but i am not sure which one is capable of using the Steam library, Epic or GamePass with the front end as BigBox does.

I also like the idea of sticking Retrobat on an USB and using a NAS to keep the files all in one place. 

Does anyone has any experience with RetroBat, and how easy would it be to configure a streaming service like Xbox GamePass with it?

Vocalitus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2021, 06:16:58 pm
Re: Retrobat
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 07:13:01 pm »
Tried to get it to work and its non functional.  Hope its not malware... :o

Colchoens

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2023, 03:39:22 pm
Re: Retrobat
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 03:37:02 pm »
I have a retrobat system working with emulators from nes to ps3 and nintendo switch, added Windows Guitar Hero, Steam library, Epic Games and everything else.
Let me know if you have any issues