Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Any one have any idea when mausberry switch circuit will be back in stock?  (Read 9894 times)

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
Want the "use your own switch" direct plug micro-usb version.
I have sent emails to them but no answer.
"Sold Out" button pops up when you select it.

https://mausberry-circuits.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/shutdown-circuit-use-your-own-switch?variant=352148009

Anyone got one they want to sell?

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 11:58:47 pm
  • I believe I may need an intervention
Try again maybe?

I checked if they had one for the 4 and tried to add the earlier version too and it was letting me go to checkout even.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
Just tried. I need the one for pi3. The "add to cart" button turns into "sold out" and clicking on it does nothing.

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 11:58:47 pm
  • I believe I may need an intervention
Darnit- sorry.

Seemed like it was working even for the 3 when I tried last night.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
Re: Any one have any idea when mausberry switch circuit will be back in stock?
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 08:04:34 am »
Hi everyone. Sorry Ive been tied up with other things and havent been on here in quite a bit.
I never heard anything from the mausberry switch circuit people so i gave up and explored other avenues.
I found this alternative solution. Its a little higher in cost, is bigger in size, and is a little bit more complicated to set up than the mausberry, but I think it will work for my current project.
Its called ATXRaspi. ATX because it acts like an ATX motherboard power switch.
I still like the mausberry switch better because of its tiny size and simplicity to set up and install.
But sometimes you gotta settle with what you can get.
Now I got to get back on the Jukebox project and here it is almost winter time. I have got to get my priorities straight!
Here is the link to the ATXRaspi, if anyone is interested:
https://lowpowerlab.com/guide/atxraspi/

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 05:35:40 pm
Re: Any one have any idea when mausberry switch circuit will be back in stock?
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 12:15:59 pm »
Hi everyone. Sorry Ive been tied up with other things and havent been on here in quite a bit.
I never heard anything from the mausberry switch circuit people so i gave up and explored other avenues.
I found this alternative solution. Its a little higher in cost, is bigger in size, and is a little bit more complicated to set up than the mausberry, but I think it will work for my current project.
Its called ATXRaspi. ATX because it acts like an ATX motherboard power switch.
I still like the mausberry switch better because of its tiny size and simplicity to set up and install.
But sometimes you gotta settle with what you can get.
Now I got to get back on the Jukebox project and here it is almost winter time. I have got to get my priorities straight!
Here is the link to the ATXRaspi, if anyone is interested:
https://lowpowerlab.com/guide/atxraspi/

Did you ever get this working?  I'm having an issue with powering my arcade off and on using s SmartStrip and the pi in the "control" outlet.  It looks like this ATXRaspi or the Mausberry Circuit will actually cut power to the pi (not just put it to sleep) which is what I think is happening in my setup.  I have a script installed on the pi and I am bridging 2 GPIO pins on the pi with a pushbutton.  Pressing the button shuts doen the pi and pressing it again turns it back on - but I think the pi is still drawing power because the other devices I have plugged into the SmartStrip are not going on and off like they should. 

Anyway, I'm wondering if getting one of these boards will fix my issue.   :cheers:

EDIT: F it.  I ordered 2 of them so to answer the question in the topic title... yes, they are in stock. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 02:00:43 pm by javeryh »

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
Javeryh: Yes, by using those two pins on the PI GPIO, the Pi is off but still powered up.
The ATXRaspi switch works great for me. Both it and the mauseberry switch shut the Pi down then cuts off power to it.
Im not sure about using the smart strip. Im sure the switch circuits are still drawing power when off, but I wouldnt think it would be enough to activate the smart strip, but honestly I dont know.
The RPi power supply (wall wart) still draws power too when the Pi is off, but it should be only in the milliamps (maybe microamps). I can measure power draw on the 120 VAC side and post back.
Let us know what you come up with.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
Javeryh: Yes, by using those two pins on the PI GPIO, the Pi is off but still powered up.
The ATXRaspi switch works great for me. Both it and the mauseberry switch shut the Pi down then cuts off power to it.
Im not sure about using the smart strip. Im sure the switch circuits are still drawing power when off, but I wouldnt think it would be enough to activate the smart strip, but honestly I dont know.
The RPi power supply (wall wart) still draws power too when the Pi is off, but it should be only in the milliamps (maybe microamps). I can measure power draw on the 120 VAC side and post back.
Let us know what you come up with.

Thanks.  I'm still waiting on the Mausberry Circuits to arrive... they printed the shipping label on February 27 but there has been no update since then.  Kind of annoying.  From what I have found online, the pi draws 70mA when "off" (shutdown) but still plugged in so it is good to know that power gets cut via the Mausberry Circuit. I do not know why the smartstrip isn't working but I built 2 identical cabinets and I am having the same problem in both so I do not think it is because of a faulty smartstrip.

I will report back once I get things installed.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
So I emailed these guys 3 times with no response since I placed my order back in February.  Awful customer service.  With no warning, they finally just arrived at my house. I have not installed them yet but will eventually.  I have completely lost steam on my projects but this should be the very last thing left to do...  I hope they work like I am envisioning.   :cheers:

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
Sorry to bump this old thread but wanted to update.
I dug the old jukebox out of my storage closet and decided to mess with it, since winter is right around the corner and outside work has died down a bit.
It still fired up but i noticed I was getting the low voltage warning during boot up. (Lightning bolt in upper right of screen.)
Then I remembered I was seeing this when I shelved the jukebox many moons ago.
I decided to see what is going on with that.
After much troubleshooting and re-wiring I traced it back to the ATXRaspi switch circuit I was using instead of the mausberry switch.
I searched online for a solution and although I saw some testimonials where people was experiencing this, I couldnt find any fix.
So I ripped a mausberry switch circuit out of an older project and replaced the ATXRaspi with the mausberry..
After setup (I had to refresh my memory), the RPi3 fires up with no warnings.
So since I recommended the ATXRaspi switch earlier, I must say now that I do not recommend it.
Now it may work on an earlier RPi model, and they may have fixed that issue by now (I have version R3), but I wont be wasting anymore money on it, unless someone tells me they tried a newer version with good results.
Now back to why I tried the ATXRaspi and the original subject of this thread.
The mausberry site shows all the switches as sold out, and they have yet to respond to any of my requests. Have they closed shop? Be nice if they would explain a little on their web site.

Anyway, my interest in the juke box has re spawned.
I ordered a cheap encoder from Adafruit that i plan to use as volume control (http://adafru.it/4991)
I am still playing around with it but it does look promising.

Now, whats the deal with the mausberry site???