Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Tone arm problem with Rowe R82  (Read 3921 times)

Ton0fun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 21, 2021, 09:51:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Tone arm problem with Rowe R82
« on: June 21, 2021, 09:51:37 pm »
Hi everyone.  I am Newbie to the forum and a first time jukebox owner. Just bought my first Rowe R82 JukeBox and need a little help.   

I think most everything on the jukebox seems to be working as advertised but having little trouble with the tonearm staying on the record.  it appears the tonearm is moving away from the center of the record instead moving  toward the center when it is turning and trying to play.  Even when the tonearm is manually placed on the record, it drifts toward the outer edge of the record.  I was told by the last owner the jukebox was playing fine until it was moved on the back of a trailer.  It was suggested something may have came out of adjustment while it was being moved on a trailer. 
There is also a very long pause before the record is returned to the carousel.  I have tried pressing the selection and reset buttons as the tone arm is drifting in hope to reset the machine but nothing happens.  Just little concerned I may have got more problems than I realized.   
Before I start messing with something I don't understand, I thought the wisest thing to do is seek out help from those smarter than me.   If anyone has any suggestion on what I can try to get the jukebox playing again, please let me know.  I would also ask if anyone knows where I can find a service or owners manual for the machine.  I would like to learn to service the machine including things like when, where and with what kind of oil I need to keep it lubricated.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.