Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mala Update! - Adding a few games to the all games list  (Read 5496 times)

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:09:32 pm
Mala Update! - Adding a few games to the all games list
« on: June 20, 2021, 02:59:45 pm »
For anyone looking to use Mala to run a few versions of old games, you have a couple options and I mooshed together some things to get it setup the way I want. My use case was that I had a version of mame for all my games, but I had a version of mame that did a better job with Mario Bros, and I have a hacked version of mame that allows me to use a spinner for Time Pilot and Gyruss. I also wanted to setup Daphne to run Space Ace and Dragons Lair. My steps were something like this:

1. Setup Mala and create a file called mame.cmd instead of the Mame.exe
2. Put fake roms in the Mame Roms folder (also create snaps with the same name as the roms in the mame\snaps folder)
3. Setup in a folder with the following structure

My folder structure is:
C:\Arcade
C:\Mame
C:\Mala
C:\Emulators\Daphne
C:\Emulators\SpinMame

The CMD File has the following text in it to redirect the few games I want to run using a different emulator
if %1==gyruss goto Spinmame
if %1==mario goto Spinmame
if %1==timeplt goto Spinmame
if %1==hamster goto pc
if %1==ace goto ace
if %1==lair goto lair
if %1==dlair2 goto dlair2
if %1==gauntlet goto gauntlet

rem default MAME launch
mame %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6
goto end

:Spinmame
cd C:\Arcade\emulators\SpinMame
mame %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6
cd ..
goto end

:pc
cd C:\Arcade\emulators\PC\Hamsterball
hamsterball.exe
goto end

:ace
cd  C:\Arcade\emulators\Daphne
daphne.exe ace vldp -framefile .\vldp_dl\ace\ace.txt -scanlines -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir C:\Arcade\emulators\Daphne -fastboot -bank 0 00010000 -bank 1 00110001 -noissues -noserversend -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen
goto end

:lair
cd  C:\Arcade\emulators\Daphne
daphne.exe lair vldp -framefile .\vldp_dl\lair\lair.txt -scanlines -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir C:\Arcade\emulators\Daphne -bank 0 10011001 -bank 1 00000000 -noissues -noserversend -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen -fastboot
goto end

:gauntlet
mame gauntlet2p
goto end

:end
exit

This is more of an exception method. For those of you who want to run a ton of roms from a different emulator, this isn't very efficient and you should use the method SGT mentioned. Attached is a pic of my mame machine with Dragons Lair  ready to rock and roll. I know this is an old solution, but it was new to me and wanted to share my results.