Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: NOT ALWD AO. ???  (Read 7030 times)

Keats

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 12, 2021, 03:59:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
NOT ALWD AO. ???
« on: June 17, 2021, 02:24:21 pm »
17 June 21

Rowe AMI CD100
Set for Free Play including entire albums. Changed out some disks a few days ago and everything was initialized with out any problems.
Played my albums front to back like it should.

I tried to play the album at position #63 yesterday and got a message reading " NOT ALWD AO" . The album would not play.

I checked my manual and eventually found a NOT ALWD topic but I'm completely lost. It did not have anything that read NOT ALWD AO.
Apparently this disk is Locked Out.

I've only had the jukebox for a bit over a month and it came with 100 CD's - some of which I never played. The disk in position #63 was one of those.
The previous owner must have locked out the disk in that position. I was not aware of that.

So my question is, How do I reset the lock out ?  I want to be able to play that disk. If you can "Lock Out" a disk, you should be able to reverse that again.

Next, I've seen a posting on another site that read NOT ALWD "IO". Not "AO" like mine. Does anybody know what the "AO" means on my message.?

Thanks,
Keats
Arizona

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: NOT ALWD AO. ???
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 03:10:27 pm »
I can tell you it stands for "not allowed Adults Only"

so find some sort of age limit setting and disable it.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Keats

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 03:34:27 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
I have read the manual and there is nothing in there RE: Age.
I believe that the AO refers to Autoplay Only. 
A bit confusing but here's what I think it means.

A particular disk can be "Locked Out" so no  customers can play it.
It's reserved as an Auto Play only to generate interest in the juke box so that a customer will put $$ into it to make it play some other tunes.

I'm just not sure how to disable that feature. I think it's in the 40's section of the keypad and somehow it can be toggled on / off.

I did not set it up this way. I believe that it was already set up and I did not know about it. The machine came with some really lame CD's on it.
Not playing #63 because it was so lame never gave me a chance to notice that that slot was locked out for Auto Play only. I'm thinking...
So thanks again

Keats
Arizona.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 03:43:18 pm »
is there a factory reset / battery to pull?  Might cause more harm than good. If it was me I would just leave 63 empty and consider it a ROWE AMI CD99   ;D
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 09:40:02 pm »
To reset to factory defaults:

Set NORM/SERVICE switch to "service".

Set the power switch located next to the NORM/SERVICE to "OFF".

Press and hold keyboard 0 and 1 keys.

Turn power switch back on and wait until display says "Loading Defaults" and release the 0 and 1 keys.

All factory defaults settings will be restored.

You will need to "clear errors" (function 81) and re-initialize the discs (function 30).

Also, the factory default setting is coin operation. If you need to set it to Free Play then do the following:

Enter service mode.
Type 55 (pricing, option 5).
Press and hold Reset and 9 buttons at once.
Press "Popular" to lock it into free play mode.

Keats

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 01:29:01 pm »
Ken,
Thank you very much.

I was sure that there was nothing regarding Adults Only, but I looked anyway just to be sure.
I still have not determined what the AO means. I'm sure that NI refers to Not Initialized so it has to be something to explain why it's NOT ALWD..

I really believe it's for Auto Play. ( Auto Play Only ) .  It would exclude whatever disk is in that slot from customer play and reserve it for Auto Play Only..
I got Auto Play to turn off but it still has disk #63 locked out.

Probably have to do a restore to get it back where it belongs. It's set for free play including albums because it's in my family room and no one needs to be feeding it $$.

So far I really love this machine. The sound is super and it's getting easier to understand each time I read the manual.

Again, Thank You for the great answer.

Keats
Arizona

Keats

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 05:01:10 pm »
4 July 21
Happy Fourth of July everyone...

Ken,
I followed your instructions and reinitialized all the disks again and then set it up for free play albums. Working well.. Again, Thank You.

On a side note, I have the manual and I've searched it for this answer but so far no luck.
If the Juke Box is playing a disk, how do you safely shut off the Juke Box ?  I did that the other day via the power switch on the back next to the cancel button and it actually caused the machine to go pack to pay for play from the free play.
Can I push the cancel button to cancel the song playing and then turn the power off or will pushing the cancel button more than once cancel the disk and then I can use the power button to shut it off?
There must be a way to do this without risking a CCC problem. Kinda like shutting off a computer while it's downloading something etc...

Again, Thanks and have a safe and Happy holiday.
Keats
Arizona..

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 12:13:16 am »
You can push the cancel button on the front of the mechanism assembly (next to the money meters). Let the mechansim return the canceled disc to the magazine then shut off power.

Keats

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2021, 04:30:29 pm »
Ken,
Thanks again.

The cancel button on the back will cancel a single tune but the disk does not return to the rack unless it's the last song on the disk.
So I'm guessing that the Cancel button on the disk player actually cancels the entire disk so it can go back into the rack.

Good to know.
Keats
Arizona