Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Introducing arcadeEIP  (Read 14975 times)

gildahl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:21:43 pm
Introducing arcadeEIP
« on: May 28, 2021, 09:01:34 am »
Current Release:  arcadeEIP latest release (v0.4.2.0 beta)

arcadeEIP is a custom front-end and launcher I wrote for my arcade machine over a period of several years due to nothing else like it being available. The main reason for writing it was to reduce the amount of "friction" that conventional front ends can add to playing a game. Thus, rather than make a user *always* have to navigate a menu, choose a game, and wait for it to load, I wanted to make the arcade machine *always* immediately playable--more like the way a real arcade machine works--while still supporting game switching as desired.

The answer to this was two-fold:  First, make the operation "game-first" rather than "menu-first". Thus, in arcadeEIP there is always a live game running in its *native* attract mode while in standby, This game can be made to change periodically, but the key is that whatever game you see on the screen is always immediately playable by just dropping in a token and/or pressing the start button, just like real arcade machines.

Second, when a user "exits" a game, rather than having to wait for the game to literally exit and then enter another menuing environment, a game selection menu is instead *immediately* shown as an overlay over the current game.  When the user selects a new game from this menu, arcadeEIP then exits the current game and loads the new one in a single step, making the game switching experience more like changing channels than changing a DVD.  In fact, one does not even need to use this menu to switch games since games can also be hot-switched directly by using an Elgato Streamdeck, dedicated control panel buttons, or even a phone.

arcadeEIP can be used stand-alone; however, it also has integrated support for LaunchBox, enabling you to use LB as a scraper/content manager for its game lists, images, and metadata. You can also pair it with a conventional Front End like BigBox so that arcadeEIP's hot game switching, game-first standby, AND access to a conventional graphical front end can be integrated together to get the best of all worlds (that's actually the way I use it).

A short overview of arcadeEIP's fuller list of features includes:
  • Instant gameplay in standby;
  • Direct hot game switching via an overlay menu or button device;
  • A launcher for all your games in most emulators;
  • Standard front end features including run before/after apps, support for loading custom control panel profiles, etc.
  • Support for custom lists,metadata, favorites, and star-ratings;
  • Display of images such as control panel maps and mame history/mameinfo text on pause;
  • Game startup and exit screens;
  • Native support for multiple parallel versions of emulators such as MAME;
  • Dynamic marquee monitor support with display of high scores on the marquee;
  • A custom rules engine;
  • Easy command line game launcher.
  • All coded in AHK 2.0 and published on GitHub for easy customizability.
Lastly, although arcadeEIP isn't technically open source, the source code is available upon request for personal/hobbyist (non-commercial) use and modification.

Here's a general introduction video (a bit long and a very early build, but you'll get the idea  :D ):

See MAME Quick Start.txt in the download to get up and running with MAME, then see the documentation for configuring other emulators.

MAME Quick Start (Tutorial #1)

Updated 12/14/2021 - (v.0.3.0.1) Added dynamic marquee feature.
Updated 12/17/2021 - (v.0.3.0.2) Basic support has been added for hi2txt.
Updated 1/4/2022 - (v.0.3.1.0) Big update.  Added formal BigBox support and several important bug fixes.
Updated 1/11/2022 - (v.0.3.1.1) Small update with bug fixes for BigBox and an enhancement for high scores.
Updated 1/13/2022 - (v.0.3.1.2) Important update with support for images (like control maps) on pause, fix for missing icons in game menu, etc.
Updated 2/09/2022 - (v.0.3.2.0) Major update with support for more information on pause, and critical bug fixes.
Updated 2/16/2022 - (v0.3.2.1)  Important update with full support for the Elgato Stream Deck.  See the following video demonstration.
Updated 5/17/2022 - (v0.3.3.0)  Major update. Please do full/from scratch re-install since much has changed.  See update.txt for details.
Updated 7/04/2022 - (v0.3.3.1)  Hotfix. Fixed discrete menu toggle feature (= and - now work again).
Updated 2/16/2023 - (v0.3.3.2)  Hotfix. A couple minor bugs fixed (re-posted 2/27).
Updated 2/28/2023 - (v0.3.3.3)  Small feature update. Added discrete quit_key= setting for improved Stream Deck support.
Updated 5/19/2023 - (v0.4.0.0)  Ported AHK code from 1.1 to 2.0. Moved source to GitHub (new release location).
Updated 5/24/2023 - (v0.4.0.1)  Hotfix: Added missing icon files to ..\Resources\Icons needed for marking favorites and star ratings.
Updated 7/11/2023 - (v0.4.0.2)  Feature and Documentation update. Added volume normalization, game lock, better LEDBlinky support, bug/doc fixes.
Updated 1/28/2024 - (v0.4.1.0)  Major update with many bug and stability fixes, the additon of manual high score entry, better hot switching, many quality of life changes, etc.
Updated 3/19/2024 - (v0.4.2.0)  Major release. Stability fixes, XInput, Scorecard improvements, MAME pre-filtering, Favorites/Star-Ratings import.

Current Release:  https://github.com/gildahl/arcadeEIP/releases
Documentation:  https://github.com/gildahl/arcadeEIP/wiki
Discussion: Here on ArcadeControls.com, LaunchBox forums or GitHub
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 06:57:09 pm by gildahl »

Raktageno

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 04:34:50 pm
  • Witty Comment!
Re: Introducing arcadeEIP
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 11:24:12 am »
This looks really well done. I'm wondering if it would work for my current project whose focus is minimalism. That is to say a small list of only MAME titles, one simple frontend, minimal buttons on control panel (joystick, trackball, three main buttons, pause/exit button, and p1 and p2 buttons), and a dynamic marquee. Without having done more research, I would assume that the dynamic marquee is part of the frontend. Would EIP support this?

Additionally, this appears to require command line entry. For an end user experience, is this necessary? I would not want players requiring keyboard access.

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 01:11:31 pm »
It sounds like a potentially good use case for arcadeEIP, since it does take a decidedly minimalistic approach--and if it is just mame, it should be quite simple to configure.  By a dynamic marquee, I'm assuming that you mean you'll have a separate screen in the marquee area of the cabinet.  I didn't test anything like that, but I suspect you could do this using a runapps configuration.  I could certainly help you out to see how best to handle that.

Regarding command-line entry, that's just how you start it up (like any app really).  You can either start it with a specific game from a command prompt, windows shortcut, or from any other piece of software that can run a command-line; or you can launch it with no game specified in which case it will launch with a "seed" game.  From there it will run and remain resident for as long as you like, auto-switching your game list (if you have that turned on) or allowing users to switch games on-demand using either hot keys on your control panel or via the quick-switch game menu--which is essentially, a very minimalistic front-end (or perhaps "back-end" would be a better term for EIP).  There is absolutely no requirement for users to have keyboard access since all essential functions can be mapped to a control panel.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 01:21:19 pm by gildahl »

Raktageno

• Offline Offline
  • Witty Comment!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 01:24:47 pm »
Now I am enticed. You are correct about the dynamic marquee. I have done no research on it, but my current project is essentially copying this one. The creator of that project notes Attract Mode, HyperSpin, or BigBox all have that ability, and I believe they ended up using BigBox. My current progress will require determining how to make that marquee happen and the dimensions of the display to allow me to complete cutting and assembly.

I would like simplicity in startup, meaning when the machine is powered, it would load directly to either frontend or the seed in attract mode, which sounds doable with your architecture. I really like your focus on attract mode.

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 03:10:28 pm »
Yup, I see.  Cool.  So no support for dynamic marquee specifically at the moment, but would be a nice feature to add--I can think of a couple ways I could probably integrate that capability.

Raktageno

• Offline Offline
  • Witty Comment!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 04:00:51 pm »
Consider me on board. Depending on your timeline, I could find myself using your software solely. I'd be interested in helping test as well. Since my current project is waiting on software to move forward, I may go with an existing frontend with that support, but I already feel like this isn't my last.

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 05:44:00 pm »
Try setting up the software as-is, and if you're able to get that working, let me know and we can see what to do about the dynamic marquee.  I just wrote a proof-of-concept function that can display and switch marquees, so it makes me think this will be fairly straightforward.

Phreakwars

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 01:52:39 pm
  • Waka-Waka
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146325.0.html
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2021, 07:04:58 pm »
This looks really nice. I can absolutely see myself using it in a countercade project I'm currently working on as I am using multiple versions of mame that I switch between. Currently doing this in attract mode which works absolutely perfect, but I like the transitioning going on here that I'm seeing. Would make easy work of v1 Pacman countercade where I'm only using 1 fire button and just the 1 and 2 player start, coin and exit. My minimalist approach that I'm taking on this project could have expanded functionality with this. Good work. One thing though, I'm using Mame 0.111, is that too old? Some significance in the versions? Could you explain that.

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2021, 08:00:19 pm »
MAME versions less than .172 should work fine.  The main reason for advising MAME 172+ is that it supports the -keyboardprovider dinput parameter, which permits sending the preferred exit and pause commands to MAME (and possible future enhancements).  For earlier versions, in arcadeEIP.ini, you'd need to remove the -keyboardprovider dinput switch and set map_exit={EndProc} which terminates the process to exit and map_pause={PauseProc}, which does a synthetic pause--which are slightly less elegant.

If you mix versions below .172 and above, then the recommended way to handle this is to leave the main arcadeEIP.ini folder with the default settings (i.e. with the settings for .172+), and create a partial arcadeEIP.ini file that you drop in in your (lower than .172) MAME root folder(s).  The partial .ini file will specify settings to override when running games from that rev.  An example of the contents of a partial arcadeEIP.ini file would be:

[System_mame]
param_list=[rom_name] -nowindow -joy -skip_gameinfo -autosave -nosleep -priority 1
map_exit={EndProc}
map_pause={PauseProc}

Phreakwars

• Offline Offline
  • Waka-Waka
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2021, 09:37:42 pm »
Oddly enough, I understood exactly 100% what you are saying, and thank you. I'll play around with it sometime when I'm not busy.

EDIT: I guess I do have 1 question. How does the software differentiate between a paused game and one that is over or say.. I'm using the pacman hiding spot to take a bathroom break, will the software think the game is over?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 09:42:26 pm by Phreakwars »

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2021, 11:16:50 pm »
If you pause a game, then the scheduler will be suspended until you un-pause, so no game switching will occur while you're paused.  However, if you want to suspend the scheduler without pausing the game, you can just do a short press of the exit key to bring-up the quick-switch overlay menu.  When you do this, the game continues to run normally behind the menu; so that's what you would do if you parked Pac-Man in his safe spot and didn't want game-switching to occur while you were taking a break.  When you return, you'd just do another short press of the exit key to dismiss the menu, then continue your game.

[Edit] As a preferred solution, as of version 0.4.0.2-beta, you may now temporarily pause the attract timer by pressing Ctrl-Alt-l, effectively locking your arcade game to the current game and preventing game switching until you press Ctrl-Alt-l again to resume the timer.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 09:14:19 pm by gildahl »

Phreakwars

• Offline Offline
  • Waka-Waka
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2021, 11:22:26 pm »
Can that be set on a per game basis? Or would doing so affect the attract screen's game demo transitions? I mean if you have say just the pac man games which have this set to not go back to the demo when in the hiding spot, will the software use that game's settings during the demo and lock itself on that game rather then switch to a game that doesn't utilize this? Obscure question I'm sure, but better to ask about bugs or bring them up to be worked out before stepping to far into it, thanks.. great work BTW!!

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2021, 12:16:30 am »
This behavior is not game specific.  If auto-switching is turned on, then game switching will always occur unless (a) the game is currently paused, or (b) the overlay menu is displayed, or (c) controller input was detected within a specified amount of time prior to the next scheduled switch time (a period called the delay time).  You can always increase the timer/delay values to tolerate longer periods of inactivity while a game in session.

You can find a detailed description of how this works if you look at pages 9 and 10 of the Configuration Reference Guide in the \Docs folder; specifically, read how the delay= and timer= settings work. Making these settings game-specific could probably be added, but its not a feature at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 07:40:37 am by gildahl »

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2021, 05:59:55 pm »
Consider me on board. Depending on your timeline, I could find myself using your software solely. I'd be interested in helping test as well. Since my current project is waiting on software to move forward, I may go with an existing frontend with that support, but I already feel like this isn't my last.

Well, turns out I had about 80% of the infrastructure for dynamic marquees already, so I was able to add this feature today.  It seems to work quite well.  If you would like to test, let me know and I'll do a release build that includes it.  The way it works is that you specify a path to your marquees in the [Global_Assets] section of the ini file.  Then, prior to launching eip.exe, you run a separate executable called marquee.exe that binds itself to a monitor that you choose.  From that point it just works, with marquees being automatically displayed on the marquee monitor as each game is run (if a marquee is not found for a game, it will look for one named for the system, like mame.png; and if that is not found, it will look for one called default.png).  You may also adjust certain values such as position/size on screen, interpolation mode, etc.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 05:07:27 pm by gildahl »

Raktageno

• Offline Offline
  • Witty Comment!
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2021, 06:18:18 pm »
Well goodness that is amazing! I'll see about testing this weekend. I've spent the last several hours fighting media server issues.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 07:04:49 pm by Raktageno »

Raktageno

• Offline Offline
  • Witty Comment!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2021, 11:57:00 am »
I'm finally to a point of being able to start setting this up, but the GDrive link isn't cooperating. I'm getting a ToS error on my PC and a connection error on mobile.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 12:49:31 pm by Raktageno »

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2021, 02:03:29 pm »
I just updated the link to use OnDrive.  Try that.  Let me know if it works.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArCGq1gvf0jkhckGqjeOlXs2W3u4Iw?e=PjfKtO

Raktageno

• Offline Offline
  • Witty Comment!
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2021, 06:55:36 pm »
Okay, three days and two machine rebuilds later, I've got arcadeEIP running. It seeds to Ms. Pacman for me since I've got room cleaning to do.

I've hit a bug. The period key doesn't move to the picker, but does exit on hold. Changing the magic key in the .ini file to something else (in my case, p) impacted pause, but I still can't get to the picker. I did notice the picker would flash as it was exiting. I'll be happy to provide any system details you like.

Edit: my fault there. Reading through the verbose ini, I see setting pause to "p" could confuse things. Still, no go on the magic key.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 07:33:27 pm by Raktageno »

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2021, 08:15:27 pm »
Just sent you a pm.

Raktageno

• Offline Offline
  • Witty Comment!
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2021, 09:50:52 am »
Note to all: I have been working directly with gildahl to troubleshoot my issues which appear to be primarily user error. I can attest that this program is simple to operate and lightweight. There is a slight learning curve, but if you can configure MAME you can do this. I recommend it.

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2021, 02:53:39 pm »
Added a new dynamic marquee feature.  See original post for video demonstration and new download link.

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2021, 10:34:46 pm »
Last night I decided that it would be nice to be able to see high scores on the marquee, so I added support for hi2txt

See the original post for details (v.0.3.0.2 beta).

Raktageno

• Offline Offline
  • Witty Comment!
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2021, 10:05:42 am »
Awesome updates! I hope to have this implemented for functional testing soon.

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2022, 02:47:32 pm »
Over the last few weeks I've added/tested support for BigBox integration to arcadeEIP.  I've also created a new short video on how to do the integration. This version also sees a lot of bug fixes.  See the original post for updated videos and link to the download.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 12:50:43 pm by gildahl »

SORHP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2024, 09:49:39 pm
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2022, 11:32:08 pm »
Following

I use hyperspin in several builds, I haven’t read through this whole thread yet , I’m guessing it would work just fine with HS?
Games: Super Punch Out, Fix It Felix Jr, DK, DKjr, DK3, PC10, UMK3, TRON, MS-Pac, Pac, Centipede (2x), Robotron, Galaga, Space Invaders, Street Fighter 2 CE, X-Men vs SF, BuckHunter HD, 2X Custom Vewlix, Custom Nintendo VS 3/4, Atomiswave

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2022, 07:08:03 am »
In theory it should...however, I haven't tested it with HS; just GameEx and BigBox so far (and standalone, of course).  If you try it with HS, let me know how it works out.

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2022, 11:27:12 am »
Just released:  arcadeEIP v.0.3.2.0 beta (see original post at top for link).

This is a fairly major update that adds support for multiple images types (including custom types) and display of history.xml/mameinfo.dat text on pause. Beyond this there are critical bug fixes (some long standing), some polishing activity on existing features, and the addition of hotstring support for direct-launch making integration with (for example) Stream Deck much easier.  If you happen to have tried out this software previously, it is highly recommended to do a complete fresh install at this point, and let me know if you find any issues or have any suggestions.

I've also added a new video for first time users that walks through the installation process documented in "MAME Quick Start.txt", which happens to also demonstrate some of the newest features.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 12:24:17 pm by gildahl »

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2022, 12:23:23 pm »
I did this in 2005 with DOS and AdvanceMenu.  Sort of.  It plays 10-20 second videos of the games playing.  If you press start during the video, it fires up that game.  If you press anything else, you're taken to the menu.  It's actually a very nice way to have the machine idle.  The menu looks fairly similar to the 60 in 1 boards, but predated them. 

Nice to see the concept being brought to more modern platforms.  That cabinet is using all of 80MB on a solid state hard drive now, but I know the day will eventually come...

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2022, 12:52:54 pm »
Thanks!

Yeah, one of my frustrations with conventional front-end screensavers is that you can't just walk-up, drop in a token, and start playing the displayed game ("like a real arcade machine").  This fully addresses that since this is not a screensaver.  Just start playing the game you see, switch games like changing channels (rather than exit, pick, restart), and walk away when you're done. Basically, never lose the context of being effectively "in a game" at all times. It's quite a different experience.

Yes, the menu here is optimized to be 100% fast and functional--one screen to access every system, favorites list, custom list, and game in your collection.  However, since arcadeEIP can optionally integrate as a launcher for graphical front-ends like BigBox and GameEx, just pressing exit can put you right back into the graphical environment of its host if you want.  So best of both worlds. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 01:14:46 pm by gildahl »

dankykang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2022, 12:16:41 am
  • vidya games
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2022, 02:22:38 pm »
Thanks!

Yeah, one of my frustrations with conventional front-end screensavers is that you can't just walk-up, drop in a token, and start playing the displayed game ("like a real arcade machine").  This fully addresses that since this is not a screensaver.  Just start playing the game you see, switch games like changing channels (rather than exit, pick, restart), and walk away when you're done. Basically, never lose the context of being effectively "in a game" at all times. It's quite a different experience.

Yes, the menu here is optimized to be 100% fast and functional--one screen to access every system, favorites list, custom list, and game in your collection.  However, since arcadeEIP can optionally integrate as a launcher for graphical front-ends like BigBox and GameEx, just pressing exit can put you right back into the graphical environment of its host if you want.  So best of both worlds.

I like the idea of the walk up and play like a real arcade machines. Is there is a demo video of this?

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2022, 02:37:47 pm »
Yup, just look at the original post in this thread for several...

...but the first minute or two of this video will at least show you the basic principle, then you can then jump to the ten-minute mark for a somewhat deeper look.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 02:50:17 pm by gildahl »

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2022, 12:25:06 pm »
Another fairly substantial update. This one is focused on bringing full practical support for the Elgato Stream Deck to arcadeEIP.  This has been done through the addition of hot strings, discrete menu control hotkeys, better stability to the direct-switch code, and updates to the documentation specific to configuring arcadeEIP to work with the Stream Deck.  This includes both USB hardware versions (recommended) and mobile versions.

tl;dr version: If you want to be able to choose games without ever visiting an on-screen menu, this will do that. 

Here's a video demonstration.  See the docs for more information on how to configure.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 12:26:40 pm by gildahl »

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2022, 11:36:09 am »
New version recently released (0.3.3.0) -- see original post for link. IMPORTANT: A clean install is required with this new version due to new features and substantial changes to many configuration items. See update.txt for details.  Here's a short list of improvements.

* Added support for interface sound (see sound.txt).
* Overhauled list management. Added favorites, star ratings, and additional metadata.
* Tighter integration with LaunchBox making it simple to use LB as a content manager for arcadeEIP.
* Some graphical improvements.

Mobhit265

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2023, 04:50:33 pm
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2023, 11:19:58 am »
Awesome is all I can say, just found this last week. I have this up and running on a test pc working with a stream deck. After many trials and errors (User errors) I am up and running.

One issue now is when I Change games through menu I get the "Exiting Game" but not the "Loading Game"

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2023, 06:52:28 pm »
Sorry about that. I just duplicated your issue and it looks like it was because the last update I posted was not a final build (argh!).  I just posted a revised zip file above and over on the LaunchBox forums labeled arcadeEIP v.0.3.3.2a beta.zip.  Just replace the eip.exe and marquee.exe with the updated ones from the new zip.  Let me know if that fixes the problem.

Mobhit265

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2023, 07:38:04 pm »
Yes that solved it! Thank you!!

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2023, 07:44:08 pm »
Yes that solved it! Thank you!!

Excellent!

Mobhit265

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2023, 11:28:37 pm »
I mapped a button on my stream deck for menu. It will work for awhile and then when I push it the screen just dims. I made a hotkey for toggle menu, the " ' " key. Sometimes after a bit it will start working again. If i remap the hotkey it will work again. I will be testing for some time so I will let you know if it is intermittent or not.

EDIT: It seems to be intermittent, don't know if its on my side or not.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 11:57:14 pm by Mobhit265 »

gildahl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2023, 11:09:48 am »
I just tried duplicating this.  I also have the " ' " key mapped to toggle the menu.  So far, using either the keyboard or a StreamDeck hotkey toggle, I haven't been able to get it to do what you describe.  With that said, I *have* seen rare instances where the menu doesn't toggle as expected and I had to restart--but always associated this with the machine coming out of a sleep state, and wondering if that had anything to do with it.

Anyway, if you can manage to duplicate this reliably, I'd be happy to try to do the same.  Start by seeing if you can make it happen using the keyboard only.  Only then try with the Stream Deck, and pay attention to any other activities you may be doing (moving or clicking a mouse, use of alt-tab, triggering any other events with the Stream Deck, only after switching games or systems, etc.).  Also, are you using arcadeEIP in combination with any other front-ends, launchers or overlays?  That would be important to know.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 11:33:24 am by gildahl »

Mobhit265

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2023, 12:21:39 pm »
I will spend more time with it this evening. I am using this with Launchbox/Bigbox but also starting it stand alone to quickly test things. I will keep track of combinations before this happens.

I also could not get the "." to even work when mapped to stream deck but using keyboard works perfectly. I used hotkey and hotkey switch in stream deck, neither worked...kind of weird.