Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Key Pad issues on a Rowe AMI CD-100-G  (Read 4604 times)

Keats

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 12, 2021, 03:59:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Key Pad issues on a Rowe AMI CD-100-G
« on: May 17, 2021, 03:39:59 pm »
5/17/21

This is my first post. Glad I found this forum.

A few days ago we bought a Rowe AMI CD-100-G JukeBox and put it in the game room. We have it playing and the sound is great.

The machine has a bill aceptor and a coin aceptor and both work. However the bill aceptor will only take $1.00 bills. It should take $5.00 bills but no matter how we try ( New bills, old bills, turned around, upside down etc) they will not take. So we feed it the $1.00 bills to rack up credits so we can play the CD's. That's problem #1.

I would love to get it to just be set up for free play. I looked at the You Tube videos and wrote down the instructions available but I'm hitting a brick wall trying to do that.

First of all, I can't get it to switch to the "Service Mode" by pressing the "Reset" and "Popular" at the same time. I can switch it manually inside the box, but not via the key pad.

So when I've got it in Service Mode, I press #5 and the display reads "Pricing".

O.K., we're getting there. Then I press #5 again and it reads "Free Play Off". I then push the reset button to try to toggle it to read Free Play ON but it will not toggle. Nothing happens.

I tried pressing button #9 once and then I pressed Popular once hoping that it would blink and set the machine to Free Play but nothing happens.
I've tried all of the buttons and each displays the proper read out. It just will not let me switch from Off to ON for the free play. Perhaps a previous owner changed a Dip Switch to prevent that? Is that a possibility?

I have the manuals ordered and they should be here very soon. In the mean time, we're feeding it the dollar bills and then removing them to use again and again.

If anyone has any ideas about how to set this up for freeplay and hopefully how to get the aceptor to take the $5.00 bills, I'd really appreciate it.

I'm pretty handy at fixing things so I'm not afraid to get into it to get it to work. After we get the manuals, I'm going to try switching out the CD's that were in the machine for some of my CD's. That should be fun....

Thanks to all of you that may have some advise.

Keats
Peoria, Arizona

Keats

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 12, 2021, 03:59:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Key Pad issues on a Rowe AMI CD-100-G
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 12:32:36 pm »
18 May 21
Some good news.
I finally got the Juke box to switch over to Free Play.  :applaud:
It will play most tunes ( not sure exactly how many, I did not count them) but then it stops playing any more new tunes. Hmmm? It will start right up again if I make another selection and will play a number of tunes again and then it stops playing them. I'm thinking that it has a limit to the # of tunes in the Que waiting to be played. That would make sense.
It will not play an entire CD if I push the CD# and then 00. It reads Not authorized. I would love to have it play the entire CD instead of just selected tunes from it.
I still have not figured out why it will accept $1.00 bills but not $5.00 when it's set for pay to play.
So I see that as of this morning 18 folks have viewed this posting. That's good. Hoping that someone has a suggestion and replies.
For now,
Be safe,

Keats
Peoria, Az.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Key Pad issues on a Rowe AMI CD-100-G
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 09:43:06 pm »
What is the brand and model number of the particular bill acceptor installed in your machine?