Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sinden and GroovyMAME question  (Read 5063 times)

Retro77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2023, 08:50:10 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Sinden and GroovyMAME question
« on: May 08, 2021, 06:10:51 pm »
Hi all,

I posted this over in the GroovyMame forums a while back. I thought I would try here too.

I am close to buying a Sinden Lightgun to add to a standard jamma cab (15khz) that has a GroovyMAME pc inside.

Has anyone been able to get it to work properly with GroovyMAME? I'm not sure if the border creation would mess up the groovyMAME resolutions, maybe.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 07:38:20 pm by Retro77 »

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Sinden and GroovyMAME question
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 11:07:16 am »
Dont hold me to this as I dont know anyone who has tried it on groovymame.
But it should not affect your resolution as the border is overlayed over the top.
But I am not sure how it would be effected in terms of the accuracy at different resolutions or the ability to overlay the border.

Sorry I cant be any more help than that.

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:09:30 am
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 12:29:52 pm »
Hi all,

I posted this over in the GroovyMame forums a while back. I thought I would try here too.

I am close to buying a Sinden Lightgun to add to a standard jamma cab (15khz) that has a GroovyMAME pc inside.

Has anyone been able to get it to work properly with GroovyMAME? I'm not sure if the border creation would mess up the groovyMAME resolutions, maybe.

Thanks
If you're willing to wait a little bit you might be interested in my upcoming crt lightgun box (gun2crt), that will support various guns, including real arcade ones ;)

Retro77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2023, 08:50:10 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 06:55:20 pm »
This is great news. I will wait for the news. Cheers JayBee