Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ROWE AMI CD-100E 250 Watt Amp 61024903 Driver Board 40710105  (Read 4200 times)

tcw16505

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2021, 10:55:49 pm
  • Repair Space Invaders AMI Jukeboxes
Hello,

I picked up a CD-100E that had a bad channel. I ordered a set of transistors and the diodes between channels that had failed as well. As far as I could tell everything checked OK, not the case though. This amp, the 61024903, has the latest driver boards with the three LED’s, the 40710105. Well R29, R30 & 31 were a blaze on the left channel in under two seconds. This was the channel with no history of trouble, not the one that was out. The fuses were the correct size and unaffected.

I can not I find a schematic for the 40710105 driver board. After looking on the web for this and seeing pictures describing the 61024903 amp and the 40710105 driver board (but no schematic) I noticed that the pictures of the amps that I saw and mine looked different. I finally figured out what it was. The Amplifier Jumper Plug Assembly on my amp was apparently flipped around. I'm not sure what effect this may have had on my situation but it surly didn't help. I would think this is not the first time this has happened but I have not found documentation of what damage happens when this has occurred. I'm concerned about preamp damage.

Here is my questions.

A schematic for the 40710105 driver board? I can't seem to find one.
     What's the expected damaged when Amplifier Jumper Plug Assembly is turned around?

Thank you for taking my questions. Your knowledge and experience are appreciated! Thank you.

Tom

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: ROWE AMI CD-100E 250 Watt Amp 61024903 Driver Board 40710105
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 03:28:38 pm »
What I like to do is mark the jumper plug and the amplifier chassis with some sort of colored dot on both to show the correct orientation of the jumper plug. You're not the only one who's plugged in the wrong way.

Another connector that can be plugged in wrong is the volume control plug.