Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

  

Author Topic: I've made an updated controls.xml  (Read 10605 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AndyHazz

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
  • Last login:June 10, 2022, 03:13:54 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I've made an updated controls.xml
« on: May 08, 2021, 02:34:40 am »
I've added an extra ~1k games to controls.xml (these came from work by Texacate, I think manually copy and pasting info from gamesdatabase.org and arcade-museum.com.)

These extra games only include player 1 button descriptions, not the full set of details in the original controls.xml - still, might be useful to someone? I've been using it successfully in CPWizard to catch generate simple control panel images.

You can grab it from here: https://github.com/AndyHazz/controls.xml-with-extra-buttons

stigzler

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 977
  • Last login:February 11, 2022, 03:01:48 pm
  • It seemed like a good idea at the time....
    • Mago Arcade
Re: I've made an updated controls.xml
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 04:43:46 am »
 :applaud:
Hey man. Can't believe this didn't get more love. Currently working on my own controls project  and this came in very handy. Ran it through my software on Mame set 0.198. The original controls.dat (entry match/total roms):

1051/35085

Your xml:
2065/35085

Great work. Weirdly, yours and the original had some entries that don't exist against the set:

bkraidj: Battle Bakraid (Japan) (Wed Apr 7 1999)
fantasy: Fantasy (World)
47pie2: Idol Janshi Su-Chi-Pie 2 (v1.1)
gt5: Trivia (Version 5.06)
iceclmrj: Vs. Ice Climber Dual (Japan)
machridr: Vs. Mach Rider (Endurance Course Version)
mightybj: Vs. Mighty Bomb Jack (Japan)
platoon: Vs. Platoon
moo: Wild West C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa (ver EA)
zigzag: Zig Zag (Galaxian hardware, set 1)
adarvzon:
avengrs:
battleg:
bwing:
chplft:
combasc:
gekirido:
hacham:
ichidant:
kodure:
ksayaku:
megab:
omegafFire:
perfman:
puyopuyo:
rabiolepv:
sbomberb:
scorpnmc:
sf1:
skyadvntFire:
spidey:
stmbladeFire:
stratofb:
surpratk:
timscanr:
tmnt22p:
tnexspce:
twinqixv:
wc90:
youjyudnmFire:

Yours are the ones without a game name. It might be my set...

Great work on this. If only ths project got resurrected! Although I realise how much work that is and brilliant work by the original devs.