Main > Project Announcements

NOT A PROJECT V - Thread for Posting Images to Link in our project threads

(1/141) > >>

saint:
New thread!

DaOld Man:
Im the first to post on this new thread!! Yay!!

Gilrock:
I guess dumb question but how do you actually link to the photos here.  I couldn’t find anything that stated the purpose of this thread or how to use it so I’ve just been using my own website.

PL1:

--- Quote from: Gilrock on April 23, 2021, 09:59:01 am ---how do you actually link to the photos here.  I couldn’t find anything that stated the purpose of this thread or how to use it so I’ve just been using my own website.

--- End quote ---
Lots of great old build threads like Knievel's Woody are missing the photos because they were hosted on a 3rd party site instead of here.

The purpose of these "NOT A PROJECT" threads is to ensure that photos hosted on a 3rd party server aren't lost if the company goes out of business or changes policy (like Photobucket), the URL isn't changed when the company moves to new servers, people don't accidently reorganize/rename their photos on the other server (breaking the links), people don't abandon their domain hosting, etc., etc. . . . and IIRC it makes it easier for Saint to do some of the server-side functions like backups.

The process is generally:
1. Post the image in this thread using the "Attachments and other options" menu below the text edit box.

2. Open that post, right-click on the image, and copy image link/URL.
- For DaOld Man's last picture post, the URL is

--- Code: ---http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=164992.0;attach=387559;image
--- End code ---

3. Embed the image URL in your project post using IMG tags ( icon) and optional height/width modifiers.

--- Code: ---[img width=300]http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=164992.0;attach=387559;image[/img]
--- End code ---

I know that sometimes the forum software throws a false security check fail when you try to post a pic, but if you resize the pic by about 3-5% it should pass the security check.
- It's a bit of a pain, but better in the long run than risking problems with 3rd party hosting.

If you have 80 photos currently hosted on a 3rd party and 25 of them are crucial to understanding/duplicating your build process, please upload at least those 25 photos here.   ;D

Scott

romshark:
Voyager part 3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version