Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help to identify scart connector on a crt tv  (Read 1496 times)

quartex73

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 30, 2021, 04:31:18 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help to identify scart connector on a crt tv
« on: April 22, 2021, 05:14:43 am »
Hi all.
I'm a newbie.  Please can you help me to identify this cable connector placed on a european crt tv?  I need to know if it's a genuine RGB.
Thanks in advance

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:30:39 am
Re: Help to identify scart connector on a crt tv
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 02:17:57 pm »
SCART usually allows RGB and composite video inputs, though there are variations. If that pic you posted is about the TV, then it says it right there.

What are you planning to do with it?
Check out my completed projects!

quartex73

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 30, 2021, 04:31:18 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 04:25:15 am »

What are you planning to do with it?

I'm looking for tips.  My target is to place crt tv on desk (like a pc monitor) and use it mainly for arcade (groovymame) and other emulation stuff (snes, ecc.)
I have to choose between a 14" crt tv (max resolution 576i) brand new and a 17" crt tv (max resolution 240p) with few hours of life.   Do you think 14" is too small? 17" probably right for me but with 240p max are there any limitations? (ps2 I think will not work, but what about some arcade games?)
Any advice would be really appreciated.  Thanks

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:30:39 am
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 09:04:04 am »
Get both, stack them if you have to.

Why do you think the 17" is limited to 240p? That doesn't sound right, you might be surprised once you feed it a signal.

Make or buy a VGA-SCART cable and play Groovymame. There are a few options out there, but if you're handy with a soldering iron you can make a decent cable from an old VGA cable and a SCART header you can buy online for a couple of bucks. I get them in packs of ten. There's a thread pinned on the Monitor/Video forum that discusses it, though not really active anymore.
Check out my completed projects!