Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dreamcast MGCD help  (Read 4883 times)

HornheaDD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2022, 03:58:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Dreamcast MGCD help
« on: April 18, 2021, 11:23:36 am »
Hello, I have a Dreamcast MGCD and it works great - except for the controls. A DC controller works 100% but I'm trying to get it to work in my arcade cabinet (Neo25 MVS).

Ive seen a couple of places on the net that mention what is needed to be done to get controls on a cab to work, but I am at a loss of what it actually entails. I found this site, but the link he has to a forum for questions no longer works. I saw a couple of threads were posted in the past about it, but I dont know if the issue in them was resolved, and from what I can tell there are no real images to lok at.

From what I gathered, Pins 27/28 on the MGCD are wired for player action buttons, rather than ground as found on a standard JAMMA harness.   I made a JAMMA edge extender with the goal of turning it into an adapter, I just don't exactly know what I need to change or where I need to rout extra wires.  Ive attached an image here of my extender. Im just not sure where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.