Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: pentranic 1019 problem, vertical not opening all the way  (Read 1395 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:59:47 am
pentranic 1019 problem, vertical not opening all the way
« on: April 14, 2021, 03:04:06 pm »
So i found this pentranic 1019 wich i though it was a weiyah 688, but thanks to LilShawn and an old topic founnd here, i found the correct model, its a 20/21 chassis, that it was just working fine on a 20 inch monitor, but the monitor its all scratched so i decided to replace the monitor  (tube) im sorry, with a tv tube i though it was a 20 inch but turned out to be 19, since im not an expert i asked an old friend of mine and both tubes, have around the same values, according to my friend they are compatible, so i desoldered the cables on the scratched tube and solder them to the new tube, and i had image, is just not fiting. The horinsontal is just a bit off limits, wich im ok with that, but the vertical does not open all the way. Playing with the knobs, it looked like one of the knobs was acting weird as for amoment it would open the vertical all the way just normal, but it started to to shake alot in the bottom half. So i inspected the chassis, and found one little black part that looks like a transistor, but im not really sure what it is, and it was all bend and was shorting, and i just put it back to normal, now after this, no matter how i play with the knobs, the vertical wont open all the way, not even the way it was doing it when the knob was acting weird. Lowering down B+ makes the horizontal fits just fine, so i got a feellling that maybe doing something to this can make the image fill the screen just right.
Anyway heres the schematic lilshawn provided on the old topic, and hope someone can help me fix thix thing.
Picture shows how much i can open vertical, also im using a windows 7 x64 pc with emudrivers, that was working just perfectly with the old tube.

abispac

• Offline Offline
Re: pentranic 1019 problem, vertical not opening all the way
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 03:53:27 pm »
So definitly theres something going on, i lefth it on for some time and the monitor started shaking, i mesed around with the knobs and i got it to open it up , not fully but it did open. So im going to give it a hand resoldering to everything to make sure i get rid of false or cold solders, or broken solder points. (sorry my english is limited) anyway, until i get fair advaice on where too look ill kepp trying everything.

abispac

• Offline Offline
Re: pentranic 1019 problem, vertical not opening all the way
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 04:23:44 pm »
And ill answer my own question so that anyone that has the same problem maybe it will be the same  solution.
Turns out, that this kind of chassis, have switch that is to switch betewn transistor and some other thing i dont remember, my friend who told me that the tube was in fact compatible, told me that i only needed to care for that switch in case the tube was especting transistros or the other thing, so when i first installed the tube i messesd with that switch, and in fact, if is in the wrong position you get a horrible image but in the other position you get perfect image, i though i had perfec image, but since the switch wasnt moved in ages, perhaps a removed so internal dust o filth, so i tunerd of the monitor, moved the switch alot of times so i could clean itself, (i dont have w40) turned on the monitor and voala, i have prefect image and the knobs are doing theyr jobs....case closed.I got perfec picture, color are so bright, dang im so happy with the tube swap result. dangi never though it was going to be that easy, ima start collecting tubes and chassises.