Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Logitech Driving Force GT issue...  (Read 2952 times)

SahelZ2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2022, 09:37:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Logitech Driving Force GT issue...
« on: April 14, 2021, 09:02:52 am »
Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with the wheel in the title.

When I start the Logitech Profiler 5.10.127, set "enable centering spring in force feedback games" on and limit wheel rotation to 200 degrees or any other number, the spring works but the wheel rotates up to 900 degrees no matter what.
Also the strength of the spring, even if via software can be modified, feels always like being at 100%.
I've tried both on Windows 10 (ver. 1709) and Windows 10 (ver. 2H20) on 2 different PCs...

Also, gaming profiler that used to load automatically at startup  doesn't do it anymore. I have to start it manually.

Solutions tried:
1) install and reinstall Logitech Profiler- done

2) deactivate and reactivate the wheel in Windows device manager - done

3) connect and disconnect all of the hardware (including wheel and pedals) - done

4) giving the Profiler admin rights and or compatibility mode - done

5) open the wheel and have a look at the hardware seeking for burnt components - done

At this point I would love someone that owns the wheel and uses it in MAME, Supermodel3 or Model 2 emulator (or maybe other software as well, being that with normal PC games it does the same issue) to confirm if it is possible to lock the wheel degrees to a certain value and at the same time activating the spring or if I just dreamed about it....which I doubt I did.

By the way, locking degrees without the spring enabled, works flawlessly.

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

swollenmadman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2022, 08:06:10 pm
Re: Logitech Driving Force GT issue...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 04:16:11 pm »
I think something happened with the logitech software because the same thing is happening on my g29. I had to install and old version of the logitech program for it to show on windows initially, and now the above.

MartyKong

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2024, 05:09:52 pm
Re: Logitech Driving Force GT issue...
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 11:40:49 am »
I have a GT which I've only played around with a little bit. After installation it does start up automatically. You can always place it in your startup folder. Mine also goes to 100% resistance in Mame even when it's not set for it. When I get time I hope to use this with boomslang's FFB app. I think I might be able to adjust the sensitivity there.