Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: EDID Emulation Question for LCD monitors  (Read 1526 times)

retrogamer123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 04:06:23 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
EDID Emulation Question for LCD monitors
« on: April 11, 2021, 03:29:47 am »
Hi, right now I want to consolize my pc for usage on tv (via hdmi) besides groovymame usage in the cabinet via displayport(black frame insertion, auto refresh switching).
While the second part already works fine I have huge issues with the hdmi part.
When starting applications, games, emulators that go to fullscreen, windows automatically switches the resolution to 4k 30hz  (for some of them) from my 1920x1080 120hz preset and there seems
to be nothing I can do to stop that.
I have a RX570 card with newest crtemudriver and I'm running Windows 10.

A possible solution that I've found would be using the custom resolution utility which to my understanding makes default edid overrides, but it is a per monitor configuration only,
meaning when taking the computer to another tv I would have to start the whole thing from scratch.

If I understand correctly crtemudriver's edid emulation should operate somewhere on driver level?
So now to my question:

Is ist possible to create a monitor profile with standard lcd timings for
1280x720@60
1920x1080@60
1920x1080@120
And enable Edid emulation for that, so that it does the same edid overrides for all displays no matter which one i'll connect via hdmi out?
This would pretty much solve all my headaches.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 03:31:22 am by retrogamer123 »