Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Groovymame with cocktail game, can we do 640x480 without flikering?  (Read 1773 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 01:01:09 pm
Hey thanks for reading, ive searched for a solution but maybe theres non, but i thought i ask.
Im using a 20 inch monitor with a weiyah chasis, windows 7x64 lates groovymame and emudrivers, all works like a charm, i have set up a cocktail game so on my setting i chosed the settings for a vertical monitor and man, all games fit the screen so nice, i still got problems filling the sides on games like mr do, but ill work that out someday. Now i want to add neogeo games to the cab using the cocktail mode split screen that is in mame. I dont have a problem in setting up each game so that once is done, all games would load split screen. Is the resolution im fighting with, no matter what resolution i pick, neo geo games, start like with badly resolution or image? i Cant read the words, like the insert coin or the score, it looks all distorded, the fighters look ok, but you can tell they dont look normal.
Now i do understand that this is not designed to work like that , so i tried 640x480, and the game actually looks nice, i can perfectly read the words and the caracters look nice and clean, but the game flikers alot, so i wonder if theres a way to set up the games in 640x480 that dont gave fliker, i even tried 320x240 but it looks bad like that.
Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I redid my settings and choosed super resolutions, and it seems to pick a better reolution , and now the flicker is almost gone, it does not bother me at all, but if we can make it go away, please let me know.