Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Several MAME Emulators in Maximus Arcade ?  (Read 5494 times)

Dany

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 27, 2022, 07:44:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Several MAME Emulators in Maximus Arcade ?
« on: April 05, 2021, 09:31:43 pm »
 Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it's possible to launch several MAME emulators in Maximus Arcade instead of one only. It's very important for me because I use, for example, one MAME for vertical games and another one for horizontal games with specific settings and filters.

Thank you in advance for your answers & have a nice day,

Dany

viking245

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:15:47 am
Re: Several MAME Emulators in Maximus Arcade ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 11:33:12 am »
You'd be better off setting that up in MAME itself by creating "vertical.ini" and "horizont.ini" files.  MAME will know if the game is vertical or horizontal and load the respective configuration automatically.

Since you already have 2 MAME's:
- In the one setup for vertical games, make a copy of "mame.ini" and call it "vertical.ini".
- In the one setup for horizontal games, make a copy of "mame.ini" and call it "horizont.ini".

- Now copy "vertical.ini" and "horizont.ini" into one of the 2 MAMEs' "/ini" folder. (probably use the one setup for Horizontal, so if a game is 'undefined' (or something weird happens) it will default to "mame.ini" which has the horizontal settings [most common]).

You'll end up with something like:
D:\MAME\mame.ini
D:\MAME\ini\vertical.ini
D:\MAME\ini\horizont.ini

Now setup Maximus to use just the one:
D:\MAME\mame64.exe    (or D:\MAME\mame.exe)

You will probably need to combine any (if used) files from /artwork, /cfg, /hi, /ini, /nvram, /sta and of course /roms.

Dany

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 27, 2022, 07:44:25 pm
Re: Several MAME Emulators in Maximus Arcade ?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 09:56:42 pm »
Sorry for my late reply, Vikind245, I was so busy these days.
I gonna follow your suggestion so, it'a a good start ;-)
Thank you so much & take care,