Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Unknown cabinet, need help identifying  (Read 1013 times)

Tizzel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2021, 07:41:20 pm
Unknown cabinet, need help identifying
« on: April 05, 2021, 06:32:23 pm »
I just paid $100 for this, sight unseen, knowing that it didn't work. Managed to get the locks open and found a bunch of wiring cut.
Can anyone tell me who makes this or what is missing. It looks like it has all of the bits and bobs.
 Thanks in advance for the help

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
Re: Unknown cabinet, need help identifying
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 07:30:28 pm »
It seems really familiar,, but I cant quite put my finger on it...I would venture to say nobody makes those, but someone built that one, and did a pretty nice job if it...There would be a build tag on the back, or possibly that plate on the floor on the inside...That coin slot door thing while clever, is more of a skilled Mame builder would do, as is the style of wiring and the coin box almost seems a afterthought...The Roms were chopped out of it before he sold it I am guessing judging from all the hackery...You got a pretty good deal there in my opinion, seems to be a really nice cab.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 07:35:00 pm by jennifer »

Tizzel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2021, 07:41:20 pm
Re: Unknown cabinet, need help identifying
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 07:37:21 pm »
It seems really familiar,, but I cant quite put my finger on it...I would venture to say nobody makes those, but someone built that one, and did a pretty nice job if it...There would be a build tag on the back, or possibly that plate on the floor on the inside...That coin slot door thing while clever, is more of a skilled Mame builder would do, as is the style of wiring and the coin box almost seems a afterthought...The Roms were chopped out of it before he sold it I am guessing judging from all the hackery...You got a pretty good deal there in my opinion, seems to be a really nice cab.
I thought it was made by Creative Arcades but it wasn't

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk