Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Model 2 question  (Read 1412 times)

Propdept

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2022, 05:26:16 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Sega Model 2 question
« on: April 04, 2021, 05:43:48 pm »
I downloaded Sega Model 2 emulator. and I notice two odd things
1. The OPTIONS button when I pick a game is not sensitive/ sensitized
2. When I click on a rom I play the game and the when I am done with the game I go to try and click on another game the first game is still loaded in.  It’s like it didn’t quit the first game.

Any suggestions  :hissy:

romshark

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 02:50:59 pm
  • Arcade and Robotics enthusiast
Re: Sega Model 2 question
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 11:08:49 am »
1. The options menu doesn't do anything. Maybe it was for future expansion or something?

From the readme file:

KNOWN ISSUES

General
There are no options, so don't hammer the "Options..." menu :)

2. Same thing with the "Unload Rom" menu option. Your best bet is to close down the emulator when done with a game, and open it again to select a new game.

Propdept

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 08:51:01 pm »
“ Same thing with the "Unload Rom" menu option. Your best bet is to close down the emulator when done with a game, and open it again to select a new game.”

That’s the problem with rocket launcher and Hyperspin something behind the scenes has to close down the emulator and then open it back up on the next rom

romshark

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 09:07:04 pm »
I see. There are ways to get Model 2 emulator to close with the ESC key (like most emulators.) I'm at work right now though, so I'll have to get to my setup and post the info later.

romshark

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 04:44:47 am »
There are other ways to do this, using scripts, or some front-ends have the ability to quit the programs they launch.

The following is the method that works best for me.

Take this attached file, unzip it, and put the quitter.exe file in the same directory as your Model 2 emulator. You run that first, then run the emulator. The ESC key will then instantly close the emulator. After it closes a program, quitter.exe will itself end, so you'll need to launch it again before running the emulator again.

With quitter.exe running, and if Model 2 is set to automatically go full-screen at launch, you can still use the LEFT ALT + ENTER button to get it in a window, in case you need to reconfigure your controls or something. Note that the RIGHT ALT key doesn't work to do this (at least not for me.)

Propdept

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 03:13:56 pm »
I apologize for the lateness of this reply
When I test my setup I don’t goto Hyperspin first I generally goto Rocketlauncher and boot up the games one by one to test the start up of each game.
That’s why I was asking if there is a check box in Rocketlauncher that will Quit the emulator and tell it to shut down after I quit the game
Rather than using that quitter program

romshark

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 04:16:46 pm »
I downloaded and tinkered with RocketLauncher for a bit. I managed to get Model 2 working, and I got it to close for me with the ESC.

Not sure how your setup is (RocketLauncherUI is still a bit confusing for me.) Make sure the right module is selected. Here's my settings in RocketLauncherUI.