Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: A Nintendo Red Tent - My First Original Cab  (Read 28537 times)

RevoEmag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:26:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: A Nintendo Red Tent - My First Original Cab
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2022, 05:30:24 pm »
Okay, I wanna help.  :D I have two spares in really bad shape. I'll take some high rez pictures of them as straight on as I can and try to trace something up. I have some experience retracing CPOs so maybe I can get you something at least usable.
That would be awesome! Many many many thanks!!!

Enviado desde mi SM-A325M mediante Tapatalk

meyer980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 10:52:39 am
  • Building fun things for fun
    • sergiostuff.com/2020/04/15/felix-son-arcade-game/
    • Sergio Stuff
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2022, 08:53:27 pm »
Okay here you go - a .pdf and .png attached. Since I don't have a large format scanner I had to use a camera and try to adjust for lens curve. I did my best to match measurements though so hopefully everything lines up. It should be awfully close no matter what.

I also didn't have an exact font match so used a very similar one and then manually adjusted a few things to match. It wouldn't pass for an original, that's for sure, but it'll get you close.

If you're able to test print on large paper and let me know what doesn't/doesn't match - I can make adjustments, too. Lastly, remember, the metal itself has rounded corners. My artwork doesn't show that.

Red = holes to cut
Black = Ink
White = No Ink

RevoEmag

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:26:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2022, 09:17:29 pm »
Okay here you go - a .pdf and .png attached. Since I don't have a large format scanner I had to use a camera and try to adjust for lens curve. I did my best to match measurements though so hopefully everything lines up. It should be awfully close no matter what.

I also didn't have an exact font match so used a very similar one and then manually adjusted a few things to match. It wouldn't pass for an original, that's for sure, but it'll get you close.

If you're able to test print on large paper and let me know what doesn't/doesn't match - I can make adjustments, too. Lastly, remember, the metal itself has rounded corners. My artwork doesn't show that.

Red = holes to cut
Black = Ink
White = No Ink
Wow that was super fast! Thank you very much, it seems pretty much spot on. I'll try to print it in paper as a test and then go for the real thing. Thanks again! Cheers!

Enviado desde mi SM-A325M mediante Tapatalk

classicjoe72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2022, 11:23:40 am
  • I want to build a Fix-It-Felix Jr.!
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2022, 09:03:28 am »
That's a beautiful looking cab! Welcome to the RedTent club! :)