Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can’t get Raspberry Pi4 to fill the screen  (Read 5685 times)

Bloodta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:11:24 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Can’t get Raspberry Pi4 to fill the screen
« on: March 28, 2021, 02:32:32 am »
I have a Dell 2007fpb monitor connected to my raspberry pi4 via micro Hdmi to dvi-d. I can’t get it to fill the screen no matter what I do. I’ve tried un commenting disable overscan, I’ve tried manually entering the overscan with negative numbers, I’ve tried setting the resolution in the config.txt file. The monitor has a 1:1 setting but it’s set to fill, and it won’t let me change it (it’s grayed out). I’ve googled and tried every suggestion that I’ve come across. The opening video has bars at top and bottom, but the game selection screen fills the entire screen. When i select a game the bars come back.

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2022, 09:51:19 pm
  • I dare anything! I am Skeletor!
Re: Can’t get Raspberry Pi4 to fill the screen
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 10:47:47 am »
By "game selection screen" you mean Emulation Station?

What it sounds like is that overs and, etc is fine, but you need to adjust settings for Retroarch...
Raspberry Pi, AttractMode, and Skeletor enthusiast.

Bloodta

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:11:24 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 12:17:20 pm »
Yes, emulation station.

Phreakwars

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 11:29:26 pm
  • Waka-Waka
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146325.0.html
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 12:30:58 pm »
Just another one of those reasons I hate Pi's. You have to configure like 20 different things to make it look right, then you try and help someone and they try explaining it with a "this one screen that I see here" and your like, great, is it retroarch, an emulator, emulation station, did you set them all up and yadda yadda.. Do a PC, just install attract mode and mame, set your paths, hide the OS and your good. No flipping and streching just change to landscape or portrait mode and the emulator and front end do the rest.